Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm not surprised. I haven't flown in several years but the last time I watched the TSA finger through the paper bills in my wallet and my credit cards. I protested and said they had no right to actually stand there and count my $$. They said they did. Bottom line is I don't fly anymore because I choose not to allow my 4th Amendment rights to be routinely violated. YMMV.

The TSA is the first arm of Obama's "brown shirts", IMO. We are being conditioned to accept these violations of our persons and our papers.
I would be stuck with a "patdown". I will lose it and shove them away from me and probably get arrested for something they make up. No thanks. I won't let my rights be violated silently.

And "Brown shirts" is the RIGHT word. Remember they came first. They were just thugs and could be counted on to act badly if pointed the right way. They responded perfectly to propaganda. Later when their purpose had been served they were eliminated before they could fight back, like their victums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's not working very well on me. I guess I'm a slow learner...
Remember the TSA IS keeping a list of "potential terrorists" who have to go through full screening each time, just in case. If you refuse them or get in your way, be a "problem", you get on their list.

I'm sure there is a master list of all sources of people who are "slow learners" too. Of course, push it a little and see who pushes back and you know who isn't going to buy it later.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:02 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Remember the TSA IS keeping a list of "potential terrorists" who have to go through full screening each time, just in case. If you refuse them or get in your way, be a "problem", you get on their list.
For the doubting left:

Terrorist watch list: One tip now enough to put name in database, officials say

Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I wonder if Janet's program "See something, say something" gets you on that list ?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wonder if Janet's program "See something, say something" gets you on that list ?
Goes hand in hand in cuffs.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Janet looks silly.

But, she doesn't care.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Sorry there was no article with that YouTube video but I'm sure tomorrow or the next day there will be something on World Net Daily or the Drudge Report or Info Wars before it gradually makes it to mainstream media. Up until now this is what the TSA has been premitted and not permitted to do. I don't think photo copying and swiping credit cards has ever been standard procedure.

Airport Screening - Are TSA Searches Going Too Far? - WSJ.com

Was I right or was I right about the fact that the media would pick up on this? It didn't even take 24 hours for articles to come out on this and other forum posters picked up and even stole my headline to get threads going on their forums.

The Internet is great for getting news out. Who needs the major media any more? They are the LAST to pick up on anything important that relates government abuses against us.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Who needs the major media any more? They are the LAST to pick up on anything important that relates government abuses against us.
They are all paid to promote a certain agenda. The truth is not out there...

Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
YIKES! Look at this?

TSA photocopies a mans credit cards and other personal documents

How in the world can this happen and people not have their credit used and I.D. stolen by TSA staff????? This is WAY WAY WAY out of control!

I think if everyone of us isn't on the phone to our congressman and senators and local legisators at least on a weekly basis INSISTING that this invasive behavior be STOPPED IMMEDIATELY we aren't doing our duty as good American citizens. WE should do it on a daily basis and also call into local radio talk shows etc and tell everyone. This has got to stop.

TSA is a federal agency. Just like all federal agencies, they make the laws, not congress.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
TSA is a federal agency. Just like all federal agencies, they make the laws, not congress.
I'm looking forward to the lawsuit against the TSA which has already been filed. I'll be watching to see what the pretty news crew on tv have to say about it. I suspect it will get the 30 second quicky so they can talk about the latest sports for ten minutes. A lot of people do not read the print media either online or in print and its the pretty faces with their smirks that they know. No wonder we are slipping so fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies