Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 PM

277 posts, read 166,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You guys really are full of yourselves...ya know if you would just get over yourselves you might find people really aren't that concerned. This thread is actually about cpac the point about the BSA is it is their gig...they stand for what they stand for so if you dont fit that scenario why would you want to join. I am offended by PETA, so why would I join and then ***** and moan because they offend me. Its really not that hard to understand. Why don't the homosexuals go start the gay scouts ? Because they want to try to force others to accept them and change their beliefs thats why! As far as comparing homos to blacks I am not that Ignorant! And you should be ashamed of your self for demeaning a real human rights struggle based on some ones skin color to your sexual proclivities!
Well i have to say, if the concern level is nil, why are you in such a frenzy over gays? Shouldn't you take your own advice & just shut up about it?
And actually, black & gay movements are both about civil rights & discrimination based on how a person was born so yeah, you CAN compare the two, it's quite simple. And before you go mouthing off about how being gay is a choice, doesn't matter. Discrimination is discrimination regardless, it's all about civil rights baby.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2011 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
who cares..they are free to do what they want...

Old 01-04-2011, 02:10 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Marriage,
There is no law prohibiting gay people from marrying. There are regulations on marriage, such as someone of the opposite gender. But I have to live with that, too. But you don't see me whining about it. Just grow up and deal with it. It's called life...you can't always have it the way you want.
Quote:

employment
OK? I live in a state where I can be fired because my boss doesn't like my haircut. I can get fired because I'm hetero. oh well. Don't be talking about your sexual practices at work and it won't be an issue.
Quote:
hate crime protection.
I don't get hate crime protection either. Your point?
Quote:

If you're a straight white man, I don't expect you to get the latter. Do we really need to review this yet again?
Yes...you do. Honestly...you have the EXACT SAME RIGHTS I DO. You're the one whining to get special rights I don't have.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:15 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
There is no law prohibiting gay people from marrying. There are regulations on marriage, such as someone of the opposite gender. But I have to live with that, too. But you don't see me whining about it. Just grow up and deal with it. It's called life...you can't always have it the way you want.

OK? I live in a state where I can be fired because my boss doesn't like my haircut. I can get fired because I'm hetero. oh well. Don't be talking about your sexual practices at work and it won't be an issue.

Yes...you do. Honestly...you have the EXACT SAME RIGHTS I DO. You're the one whining to get special rights I don't have.
All very easy to understand ...you would think!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
who cares..they are free to do what they want...
Of course they are free to do what they want. It's just interesting that they would decide to attend the largest gathering of conservatives in the country because a small gay conservative group is attending. It makes the social conservatives look really petty and childish. I'm glad it's being discussed, and I admire the gay conservative group for taking the high road. Their behavior has been exemplary.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

Wow, all that just to prove you do not get it, no they do share the same rights you do, if they did you would not have looked so foolish with your comments on marriage. Don't want to marry someone of the same gender, don't. Why exactly do you oppose their having the same right, which by the way brings with it legal rights they also do not share with hetros, I doubt you even know that. Amazing there are still people in the world that feel denying rights to others equates to having the same rights. Oh well, in the long run (but not long from now) they Will get that right, I suppose that will just drive some of you crazy, good.
Casper

Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course they are free to do what they want. It's just interesting that they would decide to attend the largest gathering of conservatives in the country because a small gay conservative group is attending. It makes the social conservatives look really petty and childish. I'm glad it's being discussed, and I admire the gay conservative group for taking the high road. Their behavior has been exemplary.
Makes one wonder why gays would want to have anything to do with the GOP if there is such a large group within its ranks that will always consider them as evil. They would be better off remaining Independent or as Blue Dog Demos.
Casper

Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
So why didn't the conservative homos just go as conservatives like the conservative heteros do ? Instead of always identifying their sexual preference? whos childish?

Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Biggest conservative names bidding goodbye to CPAC

I think the gay issue will continue to cause problems for conservatives. They're continuing to argue about it amongst themselves, causing divisions in their movement, and it's turning off moderates from joining their cause.
As a gay man, I have two comments.

1. I have many friends that vote Republican......they are fiscal conservative but social liberals. They don't care about peoples sexuality.

2. Last time I checked, Democrats had not accepted gays. Remember the California marriage vote? Voted down. 80% of black Claifornians voted no. Considering 90 percent of black people are in the Democratic party, doesn't sound like black Democrats have exactly accepted us gay people either.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Makes one wonder why gays would want to have anything to do with the GOP if there is such a large group within its ranks that will always consider them as evil. They would be better off remaining Independent or as Blue Dog Demos.
Casper
I disagree. If someone believes in the majority of Republican principles, then it only makes sense to support the Republican Party. I admire GOProud in their efforts to break down the walls of anti-gay sentiment among some of the socially conservative Republicans. Being gay should not be incompatible with being a conservative or a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies