Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 05:20 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,809,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think we are all very capable of reading the article and I think most of us did. What do you think he meant? Maybe you need to ask your 5th graders what the article meant, you might be surprised..

Nita

Well, you could always re-read what the senator actually said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senator
Two or three days prior to an election, I’ve had people say, ‘My wife came home from church, and there was this flier that they were putting out saying I’m a baby killer.’ And then, in less than three weeks after the election, this guy goes over to the Republican Party, the folks who had called him a baby killer. I mean, what does the wife do then, put on some red sheets on the bed and say ‘You know we can get rid of the blue sheets, but keep the white one over there because we might need that one for the midnight meeting.

Am I the only one who read this as an obvious sex reference? I'm assuming we all understood blue and red to be democrats and republicans. Where you get the KKK out of this when the original KKK was a southern democratic institution is puzzling to me.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM

888 posts, read 1,189,558 times
Beck is NOT a Republican.
Like Stalin is NOT a Communist.

Steve

Old 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM

19,917 posts, read 12,203,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Well, you could always re-read what the senator actually said...

Am I the only one who read this as an obvious sex reference? I'm assuming we all understood blue and red to be democrats and republicans. Where you get the KKK out of this when the original KKK was a southern democratic institution is puzzling to me.
Yeah, sure. Duh, I got the red & blue but you know very well what he meant by white sheet at midnight. He gives his little smirk after the comment. Nice try. The defense that it was sexual was a cover up after the fact.

You still haven't commented on his thug who attacked the photographer.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yeah, sure. Duh, I got the red & blue but you know very well what he meant by white sheet at midnight. He gives his little smirk after the comment. Nice try. The defense that it was sexual was a cover up after the fact.

You still haven't commented on his thug who attacked the photographer.

... or it could actually be what he said it was. The smirk would be equally warranted if the connotation was sexual. If you're convinced that an older black Georgia senator would have the balls or the stupidity to make any sort of KKK comment when his own state knows a thing or two about the Klan - never mind how it would affect his chances of getting re-elected - then you're extremely naive.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,295,571 times
Quote:

Am I the only one who read this as an obvious sex reference?
Yep.

Quote:
I'm assuming we all understood blue and red to be democrats and republicans. Where you get the KKK out of this when the original KKK was a southern democratic institution is puzzling to me.
I'm assuming it was obvious what he meant. What's the sexual reference for "white sheets"? Let alone blue or red or any other color/pattern or thread count?

You've got the red and blue covered for the 2 major political parties, the white sheets are for independents?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's the difference, when democrats say something out of line they apologize. If a republican does it, they dodge, twist and blame someone else.
Who said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"?

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Yep.

I'm assuming it was obvious what he meant. What's the sexual reference for "white sheets"? Let alone blue or red or any other color/pattern or thread count?

You've got the red and blue covered for the 2 major political parties, the white sheets are for independents?

And the KKK makes much more sense.

a) why would his wife be telling him about a KKK meeting? The KKK was a predominantly male organization and males were certainly the ones who went to these meetings.

b) the only way this could be a reference to the KKK is if it was referring to the "midnight rides".

Bed sheets have always been associated with sex.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 PM

19,917 posts, read 12,203,071 times
Quote:

a) why would his wife be telling him about a KKK meeting? The KKK was a predominantly male organization and males were certainly the ones who went to these meetings.

b) the only way this could be a reference to the KKK is if it was referring to the "midnight rides".

Now you are just getting desperate.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Sure does.

Quote:
Telling him "how"? Like there's one going on that he better get to? Around midnight and bring that white sheet to it?

My neighbor's dog can back paddle/peddle better than you.

Quote:
You said "midnight meeting". Not "ride".

Midnight "rides" on white sheets are KKK oriented?

Quote:
For whom? And in what political sense? Not this one.

What was said was meant. You don't have to like it, you just have to stop defending it b/c you're gonna lose each and every time.

Last edited by Informed Info; 01-04-2011 at 10:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2011, 10:25 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,738,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Who said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"?
Who gives a damn who has sexual relations with whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies