Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,276,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
I have a journalist neighbor and spouse who are both long time pot smoking maggot infested FM types who use the marijuana laws in CA to grow and profit IMO from pot (having seen a good friend of their's leave with quite the sizable bag of pot).
Law needs to be changed to only be good for terminal people IMO.

They are what is wrong with the country and why we get drug cartels in other countries trying to supply ca ca here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Thousands of people all over the country sell pot in small quantities with no threat of crime.
You're right, and for me it would depend on who they were selling to, what kind of people they were, etc.

I didn't say I'd turn them in, but that doesn't mean I'd like a heavy dealer next door either. I'm just saying that most of the time, people that are selling pot are selling more. At least thats been my experience. Most potheads are non violent and don't care. But the other guys, they don't play so nice.

Just a FYI, I used to deal, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,681,693 times
sneak over and steal it, what's he going to do, report me?

Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I have a journalist neighbor and spouse who are both long time pot smoking maggot infested FM types who use the marijuana laws in CA to grow and profit IMO from pot (having seen a good friend of their's leave with quite the sizable bag of pot).
Law needs to be changed to only be good for terminal people IMO.

They are what is wrong with the country and why we get drug cartels in other countries trying to supply ca ca here.
And if California lessoned its growing restrictions, then more folks could grow and there would be no need to import.

Besides, I don't hear a lot about drug cartels causing problems in Cali that much, most of the problem is in Texas, where its still illegal.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,454,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It incites violet crime. Personal growth that is kept to ones self greatly reduces that risk to the same realm as any other property of value.
Really? I know a lot of people that smoke and sell but they really aren't violent. I've never heard of the correlation between selling and violence.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 PM

774 posts, read 1,163,858 times
Do the right thing. Hit him up for a free membership and subsrciption in the "Ounce of the Month Club".

Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,454,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. Thousands of people all over the country sell pot in small quantities with no threat of crime.
This has been my experience. I know several people who grow and sell and they are professional adults who are relatively successful and sell to other adults who are average to successful as well. You would never guess by their lifestyle or appearance that they're involved in marijuana in anyway. To be fair, it might be only a subset of dealers I know but I just don't think there's a direct correlation between growing/selling and violence. I think there is some other factor that's missing in the equation for violence.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times
Interesting breakdown:

Only one quarter of those polled would call the cops without thinking or otherwise considering the necessity of their role in overburdening a legal and correctional system literally bloated and tearing itself apart.

For those people, there is little hope, society will always be burdened with these type of numbers in almost any category on any controversial topic. Well over a quarter of the population supported the British monarchy in the late 1700's as well. It will always be numbers like these with topics like these, such is life

To the other 75%

Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Really? I know a lot of people that smoke and sell but they really aren't violent. I've never heard of the correlation between selling and violence.
Only when they are usually selling multiple kinds of drugs.

There are dealers that stick to mj, but others will sell meth, crack, and other things along with it that will lead to violence.

Most people that buy end up finding one dealer thats reliable, and stick with them, which is why most of the time there is no violence. But there are some bad apples in there. You can usually tell by the amount of traffic at the house.

Well, lets be real, today most folks don't sell out of a house.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
This has been my experience. I know several people who grow and sell and they are professional adults who are relatively successful and sell to other adults who are average to successful as well. You would never guess by their lifestyle or appearance that they're involved in marijuana in anyway. To be fair, it might be only a subset of dealers I know but I just don't think there's a direct correlation between growing/selling and violence. I think there is some other factor that's missing in the equation for violence.
What I said is that there is little to no violence with growing a small amount. Larger amounts attract break ins. Thievery is a problem for people that grow commercially in the states. BC, not so much an issue, same with Colorado. Thats because its mostly legal.

Selling can lead to violent issues, if they are selling lots of different things, to low life characters. There are the niche guys and gals that stick to the one plant, same customers, no problem. But the guys and gals that sell different things, just looking for a buck, and will sell to anyone, there could be violence involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies