Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 AM
 
24,835 posts, read 37,318,236 times
Reputation: 11538

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Really? I know a lot of people that smoke and sell but they really aren't violent. I've never heard of the correlation between selling and violence.
It depends.....

Never walk into fields around my area.

You may not come out.

Or, you could seen on trial cams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
 
10,854 posts, read 9,295,171 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by killingspree View Post
Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug on the basis that is has "a high potential for abuse" Which means it's addictive.
Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug FOR POLITICAL REASONS. No competent medical professional with any sense of objectivity would classify marijuana as being as harmful as cocaine or heroin.

The fact that classifications haven't been changed in about 40 years despite the amount of SCIENTIFIC research that has been done on the issue should tell you that the classification of marijuana is NOT OBJECTIVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 AM
 
10,854 posts, read 9,295,171 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Interesting how she makes speeding and other crimes subjective, according to what she deems "potential for great harm" or "to an extent" but with pot, it is an absolute.
That is typical of Conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,479 posts, read 59,733,950 times
Reputation: 24862
So long as the pot was NOT on my land, which would be subject to confiscation by the government, I would encourage the entrepreneur. We are dealing with the modern day prohibition supported by the cotton industry to avoid the competition from hemp fabric.

I think the primary opposition to marijuana is that alcoholics still show up for work and pot smokers forget to care about showing up for anything. MJ is the DGAF drug of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,896 posts, read 11,976,554 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Too many people need to learn to mind their own business. Live and let live. There are so many bad laws on the books. I don't give a damn if it's illegal, I will not turn in my neighbor for growing it. It's a horrible law that should get no regard whatsoever. Keep your nose to yourself and out of other people's arses! I swear snitches are just as low as the 'criminals' they are so quick to nail. Pretty scummy thing to do.


Amen! Nothing worse than a freakin' tattle tale! Especially for something as trivial as a neighbor growing a few pot plants! It's almost like some of these snitches get off on ruining someone eles life! Do they not realize that they could potentially ********** person for life? Because of the stupid fact that it's illegal, this person could lose everything! His house, his job! Why? Because of a God given plant? Really? Again, if they're cooking up meth, (and those folks into that are the ones I worry about) or there is some really shady BS going on, that is a different story. You sell to my kid, we are gonna have a problem. I'd have the same feelings if that same neighbor sold my kid alcohol or cigarettes as well. Other than that, it's not my problem. Chances are the guy is using it himself, and not selling, and if he is it's small amounts to close friends. Big freakin' deal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,868 posts, read 24,369,438 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Marijuana is classified as a Schedule I drug FOR POLITICAL REASONS. No competent medical professional with any sense of objectivity would classify marijuana as being as harmful as cocaine or heroin.

The fact that classifications haven't been changed in about 40 years despite the amount of SCIENTIFIC research that has been done on the issue should tell you that the classification of marijuana is NOT OBJECTIVE.
1. Mexicans and blacks use marijuana, we don't like them, so make it illegal

2. Well, now white kids are using it, so we'll say it makes the violent, just like the blacks and the mexicans. Can't have that.

3. Well, now it appears that kids smoking pot are more likely to be pacifists, so we'll put harsher restrictions on it, because we can't have them protesting the war.

4. Well the wars are over, and despite every major research the government and any study done by a credible source says its harmless, we'll classify it as a schedule 1 drug to really try and crack down on it, because Ronnie says so.

The history of Marijuana in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,896 posts, read 11,976,554 times
Reputation: 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. Mexicans and blacks use marijuana, we don't like them, so make it illegal

2. Well, now white kids are using it, so we'll say it makes the violent, just like the blacks and the mexicans. Can't have that.

3. Well, now it appears that kids smoking pot are more likely to be pacifists, so we'll put harsher restrictions on it, because we can't have them protesting the war.

4. Well the wars are over, and despite every major research the government and any study done by a credible source says its harmless, we'll classify it as a schedule 1 drug to really try and crack down on it, because Ronnie says so.

The history of Marijuana in this country.

Memphis, my buddy and I were talking about this thread last night, and I brought up the schedule 1 classification. IMO I think that it was classified as schedule 1 because they knew it's use would be more common than the other harder substances. I mean think about it. At any age from being a teen on up I could go to just about any type of party, picnic, sporting events (especially Cleveland Browns games, LOL) or whatever and it always seems someone brought a joint. Too bad their schedule 1 classification hasn't curbed the use of it, and in fact it seems it's use is up, and more and more people are making a stronger push for legalization. At any rate, NO WAY IN HELL is marijuana more dangerous than coke, LSD, heroin, meth, or the majority of prescription painkillers. Apparently they must think we are stupid. Then again people still actually belive that garbage, so...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Hades
2,126 posts, read 2,380,347 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do?
Not a dang thing!!!

I quit toking long ago but many years from now, when I am an old lady, if my neighbor was growing I would have them cut me a bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,868 posts, read 24,369,438 times
Reputation: 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Memphis, my buddy and I were talking about this thread last night, and I brought up the schedule 1 classification. IMO I think that it was classified as schedule 1 because they knew it's use would be more common than the other harder substances. I mean think about it. At any age from being a teen on up I could go to just about any type of party, picnic, sporting events (especially Cleveland Browns games, LOL) or whatever and it always seems someone brought a joint. Too bad their schedule 1 classification hasn't curbed the use of it, and in fact it seems it's use is up, and more and more people are making a stronger push for legalization. At any rate, NO WAY IN HELL is marijuana more dangerous than coke, LSD, heroin, meth, or the majority of prescription painkillers. Apparently they must think we are stupid. Then again people still actually belive that garbage, so...........
The reason pot is still a schedule 1 narcotic, and the reason its still illegal is the same reason we are still in Afghanistan and we were in Vietnam for so long.

The government doesn't like appearing wrong.

But for you in particular, it should be legal. For no other reason than you'd need a pick me up after being a browns fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Texas
38,859 posts, read 25,509,920 times
Reputation: 24780
Default If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?

Oh, I dunno...

Maybe offer to do some free quality control work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top