Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,927,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The reason pot is still a schedule 1 narcotic, and the reason its still illegal is the same reason we are still in Afghanistan and we were in Vietnam for so long.

The government doesn't like appearing wrong.

But for you in particular, it should be legal. For no other reason than you'd need a pick me up after being a browns fan.

Hey now Memphis! Them's fightin' words! Don't be hatin' on my Cleveland Browns, LOL! Yeah, it they can be painful to watch, but being born and raised in NE Ohio, the Browns are a part of life, and a part of growing up. It always seemed that during football season family functions or other social functions on Sundays revolved around the Browns games. Whether I was at a friends house, at my grandmothers, or my parents were throwing a party, the Browns were on, and sometimes were the reason for the gathering. Especially during the 80s. Despite the heartbreak, the good thing about it is, we always have hope, and that's part of being a fan. Say what you want, but what other fanbase fought the way we did to keep our name, history, and colors and get a team back in 3 short years? Other cities like Baltimore (where Modell ironically moved the original franchise) and St. Louis weren't afforded that luxury. But I absolutely agree that you have to be high to watch them half the time! Otherwise, I would have thrown a brick through my tv a long time ago!

But I digress. Despite the government not liking to be wrong, well... sometimes you just gotta suck it up, and eat crow. Why wouldn't they do more research on it and perhaps allow it to be tested on people? I would happily volunteer my services. For a small fee of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 03:54 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,293,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey now Memphis! Them's fightin' words! Don't be hatin' on my Cleveland Browns, LOL! Yeah, it they can be painful to watch, but being born and raised in NE Ohio, the Browns are a part of life, and a part of growing up. It always seemed that during football season family functions or other social functions on Sundays revolved around the Browns games. Whether I was at a friends house, at my grandmothers, or my parents were throwing a party, the Browns were on, and sometimes were the reason for the gathering. Especially during the 80s. Despite the heartbreak, the good thing about it is, we always have hope, and that's part of being a fan. Say what you want, but what other fanbase fought the way we did to keep our name, history, and colors and get a team back in 3 short years? Other cities like Baltimore (where Modell ironically moved the original franchise) and St. Louis weren't afforded that luxury. But I absolutely agree that you have to be high to watch them half the time! Otherwise, I would have thrown a brick through my tv a long time ago!

But I digress. Despite the government not liking to be wrong, well... sometimes you just gotta suck it up, and eat crow. Why wouldn't they do more research on it and perhaps allow it to be tested on people? I would happily volunteer my services. For a small fee of course.
They did allow that. Nixon's own scientific study on it proved that it was almost harmless. Same thing with Reagan.

They focused on three lines in both studies that suggested that teens shouldn't be smoking it, and left the rest of it alone.

As far as the browns, the thirstier the drinker, the sweeter the drink.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,927,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They did allow that. Nixon's own scientific study on it proved that it was almost harmless. Same thing with Reagan.

They focused on three lines in both studies that suggested that teens shouldn't be smoking it, and left the rest of it alone.

As far as the browns, the thirstier the drinker, the sweeter the drink.

So then with that said, I say it's "high" time to repeal the prohibition!

As for the Browns if and when (I'm being optimistic so I'll go with when) they win it all someday it will be that much sweeter. And at least I can say I was there during the lean times.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,626,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
None of the choices, I'd offer to take care of the dear little things when my neighbor
has to go out of town!

LOL.

Reminds me of the movie "Saving Grace"..... one of the best ever.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
Havent you seen the movie Friday. They had a drive by for only $200. Anyways, illegal drugs do cause crime. the reason is because if someone rips you off you cant go to the cops. So what do you do? I smashed their windows in when i was in high school.

Not all illegal drugs are sold in that environment.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
The same thing I do whenever I see anything illegal going on - I report it.

WTF ??????

Wow! You must be quite busy.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The cops cannot arrest someone because their neighbor calls and accuses them of growing weed or any other crime.

Yes they can,and do it quite often. SWAT teams break down doors all over this country on the basis of very flimsy evidence.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,317,318 times
Wow, interesting poll! Liberatarians say let them be, I agree but am a law abiding citizen, hmmm. Might have difficulty with this one.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Reporting speeders is way different from feeling unsafe because your neighbor is growing an illegal drug next door.

I agree. Speeders can kill you in an instant.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,596,143 times
Are we talking one or two plants or are we talking a farm in the backyard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies