Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,146,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Are we talking one or two plants or are we talking a farm in the backyard?
Well that is the question isn't it?
1 or 2 plants I don't care. A 1 acre plot I am making a call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,268,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
The poll, and thread, aren't situational.
But LIFE is!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey now Memphis! Them's fightin' words! Don't be hatin' on my Cleveland Browns, LOL! Yeah, it they can be painful to watch, but being born and raised in NE Ohio, the Browns are a part of life, and a part of growing up. It always seemed that during football season family functions or other social functions on Sundays revolved around the Browns games. Whether I was at a friends house, at my grandmothers, or my parents were throwing a party, the Browns were on, and sometimes were the reason for the gathering. Especially during the 80s. Despite the heartbreak, the good thing about it is, we always have hope, and that's part of being a fan. Say what you want, but what other fanbase fought the way we did to keep our name, history, and colors and get a team back in 3 short years? Other cities like Baltimore (where Modell ironically moved the original franchise) and St. Louis weren't afforded that luxury. But I absolutely agree that you have to be high to watch them half the time! Otherwise, I would have thrown a brick through my tv a long time ago!
e.

Go Colt McCoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,283,900 times
Default If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do?

Make friends?

Get a recipe for brownies?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm curious about all the posters who are okay with growing for personal use but not selling--what is your reasoning? How is selling it any different than growing it to smoke it--aren't both growers and buyers just obtaining the same thing in different ways? Is it the fact someone is making a profit that you object to? Just want to understand other points of view.
An equally curious question is why the hell do you care about what somebody else is doing in the privacy of their own home if they happen to grow marijuana for their own personal use and not sell it?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 PM

182 posts, read 129,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
An equally curious question is why the hell do you care about what somebody else is doing in the privacy of their own home if they happen to grow marijuana for their own personal use and not sell it?
Because it's a illegal and if the authorities find out that you've known about their marijuana growing all along you will be in trouble too. The law is the law.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Too many people need to learn to mind their own business. Live and let live. There are so many bad laws on the books. I don't give a damn if it's illegal, I will not turn in my neighbor for growing it. It's a horrible law that should get no regard whatsoever. Keep your nose to yourself and out of other people's arses! I swear snitches are just as low as the 'criminals' they are so quick to nail. Pretty scummy thing to do.
If you notice the laws that don't get obeyed tend to be the laws that people don't feel are fair, just, or are enforced equally.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,146,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killingspree View Post
Because it's a illegal and if the authorities find out that you've known about their marijuana growing all along you will be in trouble too. The law is the law.
Agreed.
Once again it depends on how much. A couple of plants we have deniability. An acre of the crap and its not for personal use and the cops would want to know why you didn't report it.
Besides they come accross a large crop and they will be all over everyones property in the area . Who needs that kind of crap going on. Then of course your dealing with the press. So someone growing the crap next door is your business and you are justified in reacting to it.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 PM

774 posts, read 1,160,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So you turn an eye to it. Gotcha.

Why is pot so bad to you?
Gee, what happened to lifelongMOgal??? Memphis asked her a simple question and she suddenly became "absolutely" mute.

Rock throwers can never come up with a good reason they're throwing rocks when you confront their rock throwing point blank. Spineless Hypocritical Cowardice.

Last edited by SloRoller; 01-05-2011 at 09:48 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
This has been my experience. I know several people who grow and sell and they are professional adults who are relatively successful and sell to other adults who are average to successful as well. You would never guess by their lifestyle or appearance that they're involved in marijuana in anyway. To be fair, it might be only a subset of dealers I know but I just don't think there's a direct correlation between growing/selling and violence. I think there is some other factor that's missing in the equation for violence.
It's not the type of dealers that you described in your post's that cause the violence. It's street level dealers and large distributors that are fighting for supply routes and territory that are causing the violence. The fact that there is very little violence associated with legal medical marijuana dealers and growers is testament to the fact that legal or non-street level sale of marijuana doesn't necessarily attract violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies