Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,744,846 times

Advertisements

smoke it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 03:00 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,927,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It doesn't damage your liver or "every organ" when used in moderation.

(Note: I do not consume alcohol.)

Alcohol effects the brain, liver, kidneys, stomach, lungs, heart, etc. I think thats enough. Remember, Google is always there to help.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,906,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Alcohol effects the brain, liver, kidneys, stomach, lungs, heart, etc. I think thats enough. Remember, Google is always there to help.
Not if used correctly. Red wine is actually suggested by doctors to improve heart functions.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,180,373 times
When you grow pot, except for legal medicinal use in certain states, you are breaking the law. Here's what happens.

Special prosecutor named in killing of Chesapeake officer | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM

205 posts, read 480,802 times
I didn't read through much of this post but if he was growing small amounts for personal use I wouldn't do anything.

If he was growing and dealing out of his house then I would call the police.

If he was growing in his house for personal use to the point where I thought it would damage his house to the point of no return and turn it into a slum house then I would tell him to stop personally. You wouldn't believe how quickly the moisture can damage houses where the entire basement was used for growing pot.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,452,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am sure that many people think it's so funny with the comments about seeing how much they have, can they spare any, etc etc etc.

Have you considered the following?

1. It's illegal.
2. The person growing the pot, is KNOWINGLY and intentionally breaking the law.
3. Simply because you WANT something, is not a good reason to break the law. That's what criminals do.
4. While you and I may not think that a little bit of pot is a bad thing, and that the recreational use of it isn't going to hurt people, the bottom line is, until the law is changed, it's illegal, and I repeat, knowingly and intentionally performing an illegal action, just because you WANT something, is the activity of a criminal.

Knowing that, if my neighbor was growing the weed, I would have the police down upon their head and shoulders so fast, they wouldn't have time to breathe. Breaking the law, whether we like that particular law or not, simply because you WANT something makes you no better than the petty criminal who steals from the local 7-11. A criminal is a criminal because they knowingly and willing break the law.
I bet you 9 out of 10 of your neighbors, probably yourself drive 5 miles over the speed limit, which is against the law.

Do you turn all of them in?

Old 01-07-2011, 04:08 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,286,823 times
What if they attended Oaksterdam U, and were properly trained?

Oaksterdam University - Quality Training for the Cannabis Industry

Old 01-07-2011, 04:14 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,452,240 times
In response to all of those that said

"Its illegal, bottom line" or essentially that.

Was it legal for the founding fathers to write the constitution? No, technically they committed treason by ignoring the articles of confederation. That was a good idea.

Was it legal for them to rebel against England? No, but that turned out alright.

Was it legal to drink alcohol during prohibition? No, but most Americans still enjoyed the occasional libation. I guess they should have all been locked up.

Civil rights workers broke laws, where they in the right?

The point is that Americans always have, and always will break laws they deem immoral for the government to enforce. Most Americans break the law daily, most of them knowingly.

My question to you is why is Marijuana so bad that you would immediately turn your neighbor in. If they were in every other aspect of life a great citizen. Paid their taxes, worked hard, raised good kids, went to church on Sunday, the whole 9 yards of americana. The one thing they do is grow two plants in their closet that on occasion they smoke for the same reason that most folks drink a beer or two on the weekends.

Why is marijuana your tipping point? Please don't say "because its illegal" because obviously illegal isn't a problem for most Americans, and probably you. Lets be real, you break laws, minor probably but you still break them. So either you're being hypocritical, or you're completely judgmental of others "casting the first stone".

I want to know why you think its illegal, and why it should stay that way. Because if you are turning your neighbor in, then obviously you think that law has merits beyond the fact that is just a law.

Now I'm going to enjoy some cannabanana bread, and chill since its Friday and I don't have crap else to do while I wait for a logical response.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,805,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Harm or no harm, it doesn't matter. Any indication of illegal activity can be a deal killer if you are trying to sell your house. Even if legalization passed, most people would turn away from a house that sat next to a house owned by a drug user.

Unless it was a large operation you would never know. Even then you might never know. People aren't so dumb as to sell out of their house in a nice neighborhood. So you wouldn't see a lot of traffic.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,797,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Ahh yes, the alcohol is legal excuse. So that makes it OK? Nevermind, people can be downright belligerent when they drink too much, but hey... it's legal. I drink as well, but come on, marijuana is no more dangerous and if anything is actually less harmful than alcohol. Secondly, if said neighbor is growing it and keeping it to himself, how is anyone going to know? Unless y'all like to be peeping toms?
In the eyes of the law and society, alcohol is OK, marijuana is not. That is the way it is. If you want legalization then you have a lot more convincing to do; hopefully, with better arguments than the less harmful than alcohol argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
So what are you going to do when marijuana is legal? Dig a hole to live in? Move to China?
Don't you worry your little heart, I'll find a cave somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Funny that you should mention the empties being strewn around the yard.
I've lived in my house for 36 years. For all of those wonderful years, we've always put out seeds, to feed the birds and peanuts for the squirrels.
For the last two years, I've been throwing my empty beer cans across the lawn, to feed the homeless. The value of your property isn't set by
your potsmoking neighbors, it's controlled by the bankers, those long term and corrupt bedfellows of the government. Or, haven't they already
done enough to bring down the value of being an American citizen?
If those beer cans landed in my yard, you and I would have a discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies