Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
So even if I smoked 50 blunts in a row or ate a whole sheet pan of pot brownies in one sitting it wouldn't enter my system fast enough to cause illness? You can kill yourself drinking too much water too fast, so I don't see how it's impossible to overdose on anything, if you have enough of it in your system in a short enough period of time. Is it because your system only absorbs it so fast?
THC doesn't effect the vital system of the body. Its physically impossible to intake so much THC to kill you. I suppose someone took enough saline fluid to replace enough of your blood that oxygen flow would stop, that would kill you, whether it was laced with THC wouldn't be a factor though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I'm curious about all the posters who are okay with growing for personal use but not selling--what is your reasoning? How is selling it any different than growing it to smoke it--aren't both growers and buyers just obtaining the same thing in different ways? Is it the fact someone is making a profit that you object to? Just want to understand other points of view.
Selling an illegal drug invites crime, especially if its occurring regularly.

I myself wouldn't want someone growing and selling next to me. But, as I said to another poster, those who grow are generally for personal use, and if they do sell, its in one large bundle deal more often than not.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
This I understand. Dealing drugs is dangerous, and invites dangerous behavior.

Growing your own, not for sale, isn't dealing, and as such the danger is about the same as any other thing bought of value.
How would you feel about someone who gives pot away? So they aren't making a profit but they are giving it to others?

Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,586 times
Quote:
So even if I smoked 50 blunts in a row or ate a whole sheet pan of pot brownies in one sitting it wouldn't enter my system fast enough to cause illness? You can kill yourself drinking too much water too fast, so I don't see how it's impossible to overdose on anything, if you have enough of it in your system in a short enough period of time. Is it because your system only absorbs it so fast?

(Mind you, I don't believe the possibility of overdosing is a valid reason to make something illegal. After all, you can technically overdose on water but criminalizing water would be stupid for obvious reasons.)

You would pass out before you could ingest a fatal amount(and, if you ate "too much" at once you would vomit it out before a fatal amount could enter your blood stream.)

Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Too many people need to learn to mind their own business. Live and let live. There are so many bad laws on the books. I don't give a damn if it's illegal, I will not turn in my neighbor for growing it. It's a horrible law that should get no regard whatsoever. Keep your nose to yourself and out of other people's arses! I swear snitches are just as low as the 'criminals' they are so quick to nail. Pretty scummy thing to do.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
How would you feel about someone who gives pot away? So they aren't making a profit but they are giving it to others?
I don't know to many people that give things away like that, but if there is no money involved, the possibility of violence is greatly reduced.

Shouldn't give it to kids though.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:

I myself wouldn't want someone growing and selling next to me. But, as I said to another poster, those who grow are generally for personal use, and if they do sell, its in one large bundle deal more often than not.
Isn't growing it a crime itself? I don't understand how one invites crime but not the other. I'm just confused about some of the distinctions that are being made.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
You would pass out before you could ingest a fatal amount(and, if you ate "too much" at once you would vomit it out before a fatal amount could enter your blood stream.)
Oh okay. Thanks for the explanation. That makes much more sense.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Isn't growing it a crime itself? I don't understand how one invites crime but not the other. I'm just confused about some of the distinctions that are being made.
It incites violet crime. Personal growth that is kept to ones self greatly reduces that risk to the same realm as any other property of value.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Thousands of people all over the country sell pot in small quantities with no threat of crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies