Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:05 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,330,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks

Nothing, unless other activities pointed to more serious or violent criminal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM

565 posts, read 484,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Nothing, unless other activities pointed to more serious or violent criminal behavior.
Good luck

Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,078,915 times
Quote:
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
I said nothing if it's for personal use and they're responsible. My reasoning is that if someone wants to smoke some weed and not affect me in any way, fine, I have no problem. If someone has a grow house and there are shady characters in the neighborhood because of it and there is the possibility for violence, I would absolutely report it.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM

7,786 posts, read 7,998,270 times
I would check with my county extension agent and make sure there would be no adverse affects on my tobacco crop. If not so what I grow a hated organic natural plant too. I dont smoke pot but some folks do. nobody seems to be harming anybody

Old 01-02-2011, 06:16 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,310,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I would check with my county extension agent and make sure there would be no adverse affects on my tobacco crop. If not so what I grow a hated organic natural plant too. I dont smoke pot but some folks do. nobody seems to be harming anybody
I have never heard of marijuana hurting tobacco plants, hell I've seen them growing side by side. I'm not expert on growing tobacco though.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Why is it crap? How is it harmful to a individual? There are no health risks from the drug, there are no more from smoking it than anything else we breath, its less dangerous to the system than alcohol, and you can't kill yourself using it.

The government says you can't speed either, do you every speed even 1 mile over the limit? Do you call the police on yourself when you do so?
This argument doesn't fly with me. While it does not have the chemicals that cigarette smoke has, it has way more tar deposited into the lungs and can easily lead to breathing problems.

Study Finds No Link Between Marijuana Use And Lung Cancer

Quote:
Smoking a marijuana cigarette deposits four times more tar in the lungs than smoking an equivalent amount of tobacco. "Marijuana is packed more loosely than tobacco, so there's less filtration through the rod of the cigarette, so more particles will be inhaled," Dr. Tashkin said. "And marijuana smokers typically smoke differently than tobacco smokers--they hold their breath about four times longer, allowing more time for extra fine particles to deposit in the lung."
It can also lead to people behaving stupidly. It can lead to impaired driving which could really injure or kill someone or cause property damage. While I have of course smoked weed in my life and don't generally look down upon people who do unless they exhibit the so-called "pothead" stereotypes like being lazy or stupid, I do indeed believe "crap" is the right word for it.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
FACT: Tobacco is bad for you because of the chemicals in it.
Pot had no chemicals, it is NOT bad for you..!!
No.

Commercially processed cigarettes contain tobacco as well as chemicals, including the filter. If you get your own tobacco and roll it yourself, you reduce the number of chemicals you're exposed to by a huge amount. Tobacco is also not only bad for you due to the chemicals, it can cause cancer, if you weren't aware.

Just b/c something has no chemicals does not mean it's not bad for you, either.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,310,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This argument doesn't fly with me. While it does not have the chemicals that cigarette smoke has, it has way more tar deposited into the lungs and can easily lead to breathing problems.

Study Finds No Link Between Marijuana Use And Lung Cancer

It can also lead to people behaving stupidly. It can lead to impaired driving which could really injure or kill someone or cause property damage. While I have of course smoked weed in my life and don't generally look down upon people who do unless they exhibit the so-called "pothead" stereotypes like being lazy or stupid, I do indeed believe "crap" is the right word for it.
Your own link says theres no link between marijuana and lung cancer.

Personally, I don't smoke it. I like cannabutter, but the increase in risk is a small percentage.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:30 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,215,357 times
The neighbor doesn't have to be dealing or otherwise engaged in criminal activities for you to be terminally negligent not to report it for your family's safety:

Pot growers lure home invaders

(Portland-specific NOW, but just wait...)

Pot growers just paint a big red bulls-eye on their place of operation.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:31 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,231,965 times
Pot is the main cash crop in our township.

If is funny when outsides will ask why the fields of sun flowers.

The pot plants tie down nicely to the bottom of the sun flowers.

I don't smoke it and don't care what others do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies