Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times

Advertisements

None of my business.......unless they interfered with my peace and quiet/safety.

And I'd surely befriend them for samples/purchases and for giving growing tips..... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We represent the landlord and a neighbor without telling us had this huge pot plant taking sun up the stairs in the back area.
We worried what the liability to the landlord was.
What happened if some teenagers go up after the unattended plant and fall down the stairs on the way down?
Are they legally allowed to own the plant?
Are they really allowed to disperse large bags of pot to their Buddie.

We'll the police checked their card out, they were allowed to have the plant.
Nobody wants to take on the question of the liability of a neighbor going up the stairs to get the plant and getting hurt. The neighbor did indeed have a friend come by that left with a huge bag of pot.

They also smoke the stuff and the smell lingers downstairs in the common area. Might have to kick them out for the heck of it due to second hand smoke pollution.
What happened if some teenagers go up after the bicycle and fall down the stairs on the way down?

No one should have to put up with 2nd hand smoke in public. property rights trump that easy imo.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I would much prefer if my condo neighbors were potheads than drunks. Smokers tend to get peacefully stoned but some drunks get loud, obnoxious and dangerous. The first two are annoying but the dangerous I would have to do somethig about. That is when I call the cops.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:52 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just out of general curiosity.

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks

Nothing- live free. If I gave him crap about his pot, he would certainly criticize my gladiolas. I do not think that I could bear that.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why should I "do" anything? It isn't any of MY business.
It IS your business if you care about the value of your home being negatively affected by criminal activity. What if you neighbor was using their home as a bordello?

Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 AM

604 posts, read 750,619 times
Its against the law. I dislike drugs, I'd call the cops.

If someone was being murdered in my neighbors back yard I'd be fine calling the police...
If there was a huge party at 2 am, the noise kept me up, and there was underage drinking, I'd call the cops.

Why should drugs be any different?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:18 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:

If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do? I'm sure it'd depend on the amount, the reason, their demeanor, various other factors, but what would you do?

Debate your rationing please. If you make a scientific statement, please provide a source of your knowledge.

Thanks
I'd just turn his sorry but in. Is that scientific enough for you?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It IS your business if you care about the value of your home being negatively affected by criminal activity. What if you neighbor was using their home as a bordello?
What about it? I don't believe in home ownership.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What about it? I don't believe in home ownership.
That's interesting. Do you believe in property rights?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:09 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:

Thanks
If they were growing it for themselves, no traffic, nice quiet people then I probably wouldn't know it at all.

If they were selling, high traffic scum hanging around I would turn them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies