Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

I just watched the Twilight Zone If they bring a book titled "To serve man" run for the hills it's a cook book and their here to harvest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Who in their right mind would build a spacecraft that is 150 miles wide? Why didn't the article tell us how long the UFO is? I mean, is it 150 miles wide but only 10 feet long?

However, let us assume that it is three times as long as wide: hence 450 miles long. Or, 67,500 square miles. That is actually a pretty large spacecraft. It is almost as big as the state of Missouri, and just a bit bigger than the state of Florida.

Now, why would Aliens build a spaceship almost as big as the state of Missouri, and larger than the state of Florida?

What is Missouri famous for? Answer: being the birthplace of Samual Clemens, aka Mark Twain.

And what was the name of the village he was born in? Florida. That is right, Twain was born in Florida, Missouri.

And what short story is Twain known for? No, not the one about the jumping Frog. That frog was from California. I think he was really a toad.

No, I meant Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven. In that work Twain noted how absolutely huge Heaven is. So big that if a certain author wanted to come back to Earth and cause trouble, he would, no doubt, construct a space vehicle as big as his home state.

Yes, folks. The late Samual L. Clemens is on his way back to Earth. I assume the other two, smaller spaceships contain his two brothers, Orion (named after a constellation) and Henry (named after a lesser-known constellation).

I myself will welcome Mark Twain back on earth. If nothing else to ask him why he bothered to write Tom Sawyer: Detective.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

I myself will welcome Mark Twain back on earth. If nothing else to ask him why he bothered to write Tom Sawyer: Detective.
I'd also like to ask him if he got a chance to meet Joan of Arc on the other side.

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-03-2011 at 10:45 AM..

Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I don't know that our financial situation can take on too many more, illegal aliens. Could be why we have gone to the global economic scale. Other countries can pitch in and help us poor American's out. Where would they go to apply for a global green card?

Three giant spaceships to attack Earth in 2012? - English pravda.ru

One thing is for sure. Only a stupid ET would come to earth.
Pravda. LOL. The "Funnel of Truth". heh-heh

Old 01-03-2011, 10:25 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I just watched the Twilight Zone If they bring a book titled "To serve man" run for the hills it's a cook book and their here to harvest.
I'd prefer to think that it is more like the classic fim "The Day The Earth Stood Still", when a superior minded alien comes to tell the idiot inhabitants of this planet to get its $hit together and do not dare to screw up other planets as they have this one...or else!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I also like to ask him if he got a chance to meet Joan of Arc on the other side.

True, he highly admired the Maiden of Orleans.

Indeed, if the reader wishes to learn more about Mark Twain, I recommended The Fabulous Riverboat by Philip José Farmer being book two of the Riverworld series. I mean, it is not a biography at all about Twain, but a fun read.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Giant spaceships to attack December 2012? | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

Quote:
There are some teeny, tiny, problems with this story, though. Like, the "spaceships" are actually image defects and aren’t real, there’s no way to figure out how big they from the picture, and the "astrophysicist" quoted in the article doesn’t even exist.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
It will take them a while to get here. Maybe they will arrive just in time for the October Surprise of 2012. They will land in Maine, pi$$ gas, eat Repubs and start heading South.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Are you smoking crack with Orsen Wells again? Citizen Co-Kane.....running around my brain....

Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It will take them a while to get here. Maybe they will arrive just in time for the October Surprise of 2012. They will land in Maine, pi$$ gas, eat Repubs and start heading South.
The Apollo spacecrafts took three days to reach the moon. At this speed it would take us 126 years to reach Pluto. If they get here by next year...kudos to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies