Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your social and personal stance on abortion?
I'm Pro choice & I would never ever have an abortion 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby's life was in danger 6 3.59%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or if the baby would be disabled 3 1.80%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro choice & I would only have an abortion for the above or in the case of rape 8 4.79%
I'm Pro choice & I would have an abortion for the above or if I couldn't raise the baby 29 17.37%
I'm Pro choice & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 23 13.77%
I'm Pro choice & I would give the baby up for adoption. 3 1.80%
I'm Pro-Life & I would never ever have an abortion 16 9.58%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if my life was in danger 13 7.78%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby's life was in danger 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion if the baby would be disabled 0 0%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of incest 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would only have an abortion in the case of rape. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would have an abortion if I couldn't raise the baby 2 1.20%
I'm Pro-Life & I would definitely have an abortion, even if I could take care of the baby. 1 0.60%
I'm Pro-Life & I would give the baby up for adoption. 4 2.40%
I'm a man, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 29 17.37%
I'm gay, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 11 6.59%
I'm post-menopausal, I read your request, and I still don't care. It's her choice. 10 5.99%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
And remember, C-D has a decidedly liberal population.
I would definitely not agree with this statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 12:03 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I would definitely not agree with this statement.
Oh you're asking for it... don't make me start a poll. You know I'll do it. I'll do it, you just watch me....

LOL

EDIT: Okay, you're lucky. 2 other liberal/conservative polls have already been done.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...servative.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-liberal.html

While the first one supports your statement that most people here are conservative; with respect to my poll, the second one supports the idea that most people are socially liberal because it gives a definition of the word "libertarian."

This goes to show how careful you have to be about your polls. Also, polls in their very nature are slanted... only people who participate in polls are counted. The rest of the slackers fly under the radar, but they might be very vocal in other areas.

Last edited by smartalx; 01-05-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Where's the option for "I'm Pro-Choice, and as a guy I think I should have a say as to whether I'm going to be saddled with 18 years of mommy support or not"?

I pick that one. Luckily I've navigated the minefield, but some of my brethren have not been so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You have a say...wear a condom or get a vasectomy.

If your friends weren't lucky it's because they depended on luck....learn from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The woman has the same option to take birth control pills or use a female condom.

Before sex equal responsibility.

"Want to have sex?" Men and women get to say yes or no

During sex equal responsibility

"I want you to use a condom" "I don't care if you use a condom" "I'm on birth control" All equal between men and women on the choices.

Once the baby is conceived, she gets the only say on whether or not the baby is kept or aborted, he gets no say in that at all.

If he would prefer her to get an abortion, wants nothing to do with the child ever, he is still burdened with 18 years of child support, or more.

Not a fair goal. I'm pro choice, I think a woman should get the choice as its her body. But the man also has to sacrifice his body for 18 years of forced labor for a child he doesn't want. Thats not a fair choice.
You know the song "What's love got to do with it".
My brother dated a women who stated she was on the pill.
It was not until she was 4 months pregnant that she told my brother she was pregnant. She kept the baby.
They got married - kinda a shotgun wedding which lasted a whopping 2 months. He pays child support now
for a child he barely sees for 18 years. She remarried and now has more kids.

If that wasn't enough, he gets a call from a family out of
state who say they are the grandparents of a daughter who died in a car accident who had a child.
They said it was my brother's. He had to take a blood test
and it was his.

The grandparents didn't want to keep the 5 year old child
so they had her adopted. My brother had to pay back child
support to a State, up until time child was adopted, for a child he never saw.
The woman had been on welfare up until her death.
He didn't even know she had gotten pregnant because she
moved out of state after they broke up. This woman
also stated she was on the pill when my brother dated her.

My brother wasn't a "playboy". I think he just picked women who lied about being on the pill.

I tell this story to my son OFTEN. So does my brother.
Because of the laws today, men really aren't financially safe when they have sex with any women.

So what's love got to do with it when it comes to having
a baby - sometimes, nothing, except a pay check from the sperm donor.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
the poll should be simple...
do you support a woman's right to chose or not?

the op likes yes and no answers. it does come down to that...yes I support or no I do not

if you had the option on your poll I would have voted.

yes, I support a woman's right to choice.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
That's WAY WAAAAYYY too generic. Every lazy pro-choice lady would have chosen that one.

When you create a poll, you have to think about each question and word it to make sure people who don't match up with it aren't going to choose it by accident. You people are impossible to please. Why do I bother?
Yes, why do you bother?

Abortion is legal.

A poll in City Data proves nothing except how SOME people in City Data feel.....

Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
two posters checked

"""I'm Pro-Life & I would have an abortion if I couldn't raise the baby """

??????? Pro life but would have an abortion ??????

Is there an explanation??
No one has an explanation???

Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It was not until she was 4 months pregnant that she told my brother she was pregnant. She kept the baby.
They got married - kinda a shotgun wedding which lasted a whopping 2 months. He pays child support now

state who say they are the grandparents of a daughter who died in a car accident who had a child.
and it was his.

My brother wasn't a "playboy". I think he just picked women who lied about being on the pill.

Because of the laws today, men really aren't financially safe when they have sex with any women.

I have no idea what your point is but if all men had vasectomies they wouldn't have to pay child support EVER.

If they hate their children so much they don't want to support them then they should
A. Abstain from sex
B. have a vasectomy

....life is simple...

Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Pro-life. I know that I am a guy, but the majority of my female friends say they are pro-life as well. About half of the older women I know are pro-choice, but most of the younger women (about 60-80%) of the ones I know are pro-life.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:21 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
That's WAY WAAAAYYY too generic. Every lazy pro-choice lady would have chosen that one.

When you create a poll, you have to think about each question and word it to make sure people who don't match up with it aren't going to choose it by accident. You people are impossible to please. Why do I bother?
I don't buy it. Your poll seems designed to deliberately weed out the people for whom the answer is "Pro-choice, and yes, under certain circumstances not named here." I would even have been OK with checking "Pro-choice, and yes, if I couldn't raise the baby." That's not overly generic but still allows for me to make a decision about whether I COULD raise the baby (such as if it were disabled or I had been raped). Your choices take too many circumstances for granted.

All-or-nothing polls are not worth taking.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

and it was his.

I am sure your brother is a nice man. but he never truly took responsibility for his own birth control did he? like many men who have unprotected sex or are "duped" into thinking the woman has it covered are quite surprised they have a kid come on, are they really that unaware? I don't think so, they are too busy thinking about the now and not caring about the what ifs. . sorta like the mind set pro lifers get so mad about when women don't use birth control. it cuts both ways.

a man not in a completely committed relationship having sex with out taking care of birth control himself is....like your brother on the hook for ALL his babies.

men having countless sexual encounters take responsibility for your sperm. there are men who have more children than your brother, if you make 1 or 8 it is your obligation to support them.

a playboy? a woman who has two babies from two different men are called far worse.

the story to tell your son is not to have sex with out him taking it upon himself to not make a baby, something uncle didn't do. the other thing you should tell your son is not to be an absent father.

your brother has two children and he needs to support them even if he doesn't see them.

he didn't just pick the wrong women he went willing I am sure.

Last edited by hothulamaui; 01-05-2011 at 02:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies