Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That's what high IQs and a habits based on critical thinking skills will get you. The ability to see through the B.S coming from the right wing in the USA.

Most scientists identify as Democrats (55%), while 32% identify as independents and just 6% say they are Republicans. When the leanings of independents are considered, fully 81% identify as Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, compared with 12% who either identify as Republicans or lean toward the GOP. Among the public, there are far fewer self-described Democrats (35%) and far more Republicans (23%). Overall, 52% of the public identifies as Democratic or leans Democratic, while 35% identifies as Republican or leans Republican.
AND????
What percent of Neuro Sugeons,Piano Tuners, Inventors are Dems?? Who cares!!
About anyone can see through this Lame,Liberal BS thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
AND????
What percent of Neuro Sugeons,Piano Tuners, Inventors are Dems?? Who cares!!
About anyone can see through this Lame,Liberal BS thread.
You pretty much nailed it.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
In other news......94% of US Scientists recieve money from the federal government.
Second request for a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Don't hold your breath.

You can see from the posts on this thread.....being a scientist is a bad thing to right wing voters.

This country is so screwed.
Yes, it's a shame. Even George Will agrees that science is important.

Science Deserves Federal Investment - Hartford Courant

Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
The catch is------only 6% of GOP will claim the title scientist (including medical doctors, researchers, engineers, computer scientists, etc.........) because of the wild, irrational theories that are bandied about by so-called scientists (i.e., global warming).

So-called "scientists" give science a bad name.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
A thousand words and all that.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
That picture isn't worth a plugged nickel!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:17 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
The catch is------only 6% of GOP will claim the title scientist (including medical doctors, researchers, engineers, computer scientists, etc.........) because of the wild, irrational theories that are bandied about by so-called scientists (i.e., global warming).

So-called "scientists" give science a bad name.
ha ha. So true.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:20 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Surprise, surprise...bunches of people locked in ivory towers with no concept of the real world (AND who also just happen to rely on government money for their livelihoods) are democrats.

Now for the next thread...the sky is blue and grass is green.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:45 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
The poorly executed politicization of science that comes from both sides of the aisle currently really makes me sad.

The left acting like every scientist agrees with them (we don't) the right acting like every scientist is a crazy liberal who loves global warming and is paid by the government (we aren't), where does this get us?

I've been in and out of science and medicine for 20 years and have worked closely with people from every political party. When it comes down to it...if I am working next to a crazy (insert opposition party member here) to cure a disease that I want no one in the future to ever get, why would I care how you feel about politics?

What gets me in these arguments is that scientists aren't treated like people (really OP?) or that scientists are all people who are stupid (really every scientists gets paid by the feds?). Both of those are arguments without merit that do nothing but diminish the value of science in the public eye for political reason.

Most scientists I know do not care about you ideology. We are at a point in humankind were we are beginning to discover the origin of several physical, biological, and mathematical phenomenon. This is the most rapidly developing level of sophistication in the sciences and engineering that humankind has ever faced. Speaking strictly for myself, but if we are unwilling to embrace the opportunity that is in front of us then why would I stay here?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That picture isn't worth a plugged nickel!
As someone who is a research assistant as part of a multi-million dollar grant, I disagree.

But, I'm sure people will believe a non-expert like yourself over me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies