Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
your either Amish, A religious entity, or have zero profit. I'm
self employed and I pay S.S.
Or just full of poop LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
That's exactly right. Yet for every 42 cents that go to programs for children, only 12 cents goes to programs for the elderly. There is no "free lunch" program, no "weekend backpack" program for them. Whatever meals are provided to them are done so by private organizations that have applied for government funding - a big difference from being a government program.
Lazy g'damn kids...These stupid children, they should all just get a job and start working more...Especially the ones under 6 years of age--they literally just cry and whine all day waiting for a handout.

Okay, so the elderly don't have it as good as it seems--- but what about programs for 30-year-old underachieving malcontents with middle-income salaried office jobs that they are unhappy with and can't progress out of because they only got a B average in a questionable major at a mid-tier state university(party school). Where's our program? I mean, I might like a free "weekend backpack" or lunch too...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
For some reason, these ungrateful old folks keep voting in the same Republicans who threaten to cut programs which greatly benefit them and demean the party that actually wants to help them ("Keep your goddamn government hands off my Medicare!"). This would hugely reduce our deficit and show people that who you vote for has consequences.
I love the above argument. The left confiscated the wealth of generations for a pyramid scheme known as Social Security and Medicare which prevented them from securing their own future. Then they suggest they should give up what they were forced to pay for. Only the left could come up with such a goofy argument.

I would love it if they would take it away from the ungrateful young folks as well as the associated taxes and let me do my own thing.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
nor do I driller let them figure out how we get out of paying s.s.
I don't either.

I pay a crap load in income taxes per year, however. Just the way it is.

I'm also a landlord - I don't pay SS on that income either. It's not "subject to".

Old 01-05-2011, 09:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
It's not very bright to brag online about having a zero bottom line and not paying SS. .
Those are two different issues.

I get the not paying SS tax. I have NO idea about personally claiming zero income and living a nice lifestyle, or if that's what was even meant.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
keep ss for the 65+ crowd, and eliminate it in LAYERS (steps ) for those 54-64, 44-54, and 43 and under

but keep the MANDITORY comtribution to a PRIVATE SAVINGS (ie you 6% (or more IF YOU WANT) plus the 6% employeer comtribution)....ie a MANDITORY MINIMUM 6% (with matching) 401k, which could be as high as 90% IF YOU WANT (and eliminate the 15k IRS cap)

but the lefty fascists dont want personal responsibility

Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
keep ss for the 65+ crowd, and eliminate it in LAYERS (steps ) for those 54-64, 44-54, and 43 and under

but keep the MANDITORY comtribution to a PRIVATE SAVINGS (ie you 6% (or more IF YOU WANT) plus the 6% employeer comtribution)....ie a MANDITORY MINIMUM 6% (with matching) 401k, which could be as high as 90% IF YOU WANT (and eliminate the 15k IRS cap)

but the lefty fascists dont want personal responsibility
Cause you poor right wingers can't seem to understand that 85% of what we pay now in payroll taxes goes to current retirees.

You want to divert that money into private accounts.....LOL

So what happens to the present retiree's?????

Oh you want to borrow tens of Trillions from the Chinese at interest to pay their social security checks.....LOL

None of these wingnuts has any clue of what they are talking about ....LOL

Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I love the above argument. The left confiscated the wealth of generations for a pyramid scheme known as Social Security and Medicare which prevented them from securing their own future. Then they suggest they should give up what they were forced to pay for. Only the left could come up with such a goofy argument.

I would love it if they would take it away from the ungrateful young folks as well as the associated taxes and let me do my own thing.
[Any clueless know-nothing that refers to SS as a pyramid scheme should not be taken seriously.]

Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
For some reason, these ungrateful old folks keep voting in the same Republicans who threaten to cut programs which greatly benefit them and demean the party that actually wants to help them ("Keep your goddamn government hands off my Medicare!"). This would hugely reduce our deficit and show people that who you vote for has consequences.
Our country is broke because we spend more than what we have.

Our major expenses are Medicare and Social Security. There is no way around this. They will not be taken away but benefits will be cut, otherwise we will be screwed and there will be no social security for anyone if no one buys our treasuries, no one is gonna buy our treasuries if we continue to multiply our debt. Many economic analysis are predicing. our treasuries will lose their AAA rating sometime this year or next year.

Our country has no other choice than to reduce these benefits.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
Our country is broke because we spend more than what we have.

Our major expenses are Medicare and Social Security. There is no way around this. They will not be taken away but benefits will be cut, otherwise we will be screwed and there will be no social security for anyone if no one buys our treasuries, no one is gonna buy our treasuries if we continue to multiply our debt. Many economic analysis are predicing. our treasuries will lose their AAA rating sometime this year or next year.

Our country has no other choice than to reduce these benefits.
Great post!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies