Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:58 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Obama supporters will never admit to a failed stimulus that left countless U.S. families homeless while Obama sent "charity" money to foreign countries.
President Bush sent more to African nations. In fact, Obama lauded him for his "charity money to foreign countries".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Liberal bashing seems to be the point of the thread. I mean why else not include that the debt was for the American Recovery Act, unemployment benefits, help to our auto industry, the increase in troops (which many liberals feel was a bad idea)...all of which were responses to crises that started under Bush.
$5.3 Trillion added to the debt by the democrats since 2007, $3.2 Trillion of that in the last two years, $800 Billion of that through the failed stimulus.....a LOT of other spending by the democrats tucked in there.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
$5.3 Trillion added to the debt by the democrats since 2007, $3.2 Trillion of that in the last two years, $800 Billion of that through the failed stimulus.....a LOT of other spending by the democrats tucked in there.
I wish I didn't hate emoticons so much. I would do the hand slapping one right now.

The stimulus is not a failure. It provided unemployment benefits, helped the infrastructure (something I saw firsthand literally in front of my parent's house).

Was there waste? Yes. However, to call it a failure is to not take account the benefits it provided to the economy.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:27 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I wish I didn't hate emoticons so much. I would do the hand slapping one right now.

The stimulus is not a failure. It provided unemployment benefits, helped the infrastructure (something I saw firsthand literally in front of my parent's house).

Was there waste? Yes. However, to call it a failure is to not take account the benefits it provided to the economy.
The negative impact of obama taking $1+ trillion OUT of the private sector to spread around for a long wish list of liberal pork barrel ideas FAR outweighed any benefit it might have had for select areas of the country.

As obama admitted, there is and never was shovel ready projects, the money spent to "save" jobs was a temporary measure, now those jobs are on the cutting block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies