Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

I thought someone on here would have had an experience with this. Paper cuts usually only bleeds on the person cut.

I can broadcast my ignorance all I want HAHAHAHA I said I didn't know. I see other people on here don't know either, which is OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 12:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Acceptable risk, vs unnecessary risk.

I have to drive a car for work. I do not have to have someone with HIV cut my hair.

Just one of my things.
So, how do you know who is HIV-positive and who is not? When you meet a hair stylist, do you actually say, "Hi. Nice to meet you. Are you HIV-positive?". That would be highly unusual.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 AM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I thought someone on here would have had an experience with this. Paper cuts usually only bleeds on the person cut.

I can broadcast my ignorance all I want HAHAHAHA I said I didn't know. I see other people on here don't know either, which is OK.
Put it this way, unless you plan on having sex with the hairdresser then you have nothing to worry about. Simple enough??

Old 01-07-2011, 05:02 AM

344 posts, read 462,468 times
Political correctness has destroyed America.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Political correctness has destroyed America.
Huh? You think political correctness is what prevents people from asking their hair stylist if they are HIV positive? I generally don't ask any one who provides me with a service what their health history is.

I don't think it's political correctness... It's education. If you know how HIV is spread you know you have nothing to worry about from a hairdresser. If you're ignorant of the facts then I guess you can be concerned.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So, how do you know who is HIV-positive and who is not? When you meet a hair stylist, do you actually say, "Hi. Nice to meet you. Are you HIV-positive?". That would be highly unusual.
Nope, but if they are going to be in close personal contact with people, don't they have to disclose that in some manner? IDK. I just know that if I see two "stylists" there, and one has a little HIV positive sticker on their license, then I'm chosing the one without the HIV positive sticker.

I always try and lower my risk of potential pitfalls whenever possible.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Nope, but if they are going to be in close personal contact with people, don't they have to disclose that in some manner? IDK. I just know that if I see two "stylists" there, and one has a little HIV positive sticker on their license, then I'm chosing the one without the HIV positive sticker.

I always try and lower my risk of potential pitfalls whenever possible.
Are you going to slip and accidentally have intercourse with your stylist? There is no danger of transmitting HIV by giving a haircut.

Just stop it already.

If someone had the "ignorant" sticker on their license, I think I'm choosing to talk to someone without the sticker.

Again, show me a documented case of someone getting HIV from their hair stylist and I'll take you seriously.

Conservatives really are afraid of their shadow. No wonder their armed to the teeth.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Are you going to slip and accidentally have intercourse with your stylist? There is no danger of transmitting HIV by giving a haircut.

Just stop it already.

If someone had the "ignorant" sticker on their license, I think I'm choosing to talk to someone without the sticker.

Again, show me a documented case of someone getting HIV from their hair stylist and I'll take you seriously.

Conservatives really are afraid of their shadow. No wonder their armed to the teeth.
Blood to blood transmission is possible.

A stylist has scissors, and accidents happen.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Blood to blood transmission is possible.

A stylist has scissors, and accidents happen.
Again, please provide a documented case of it actually happening.

Since you are so worried about these types of possibilities, I assume you are for the strictest gun control standards?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Nope, but if they are going to be in close personal contact with people, don't they have to disclose that in some manner?
No. I don't know of any state in the country that requires an HIV test for cosmetologists. Guess you'll have to start cutting your own hair if you want to stay safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies