Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Seinfeld - a show about nothing - well they got that part right anyway.

Never did see what the hype was all about.
LOL I never got Seinfield either. I tried, I really did but I just couldn't figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I'm surprised someone hasn't screamed "rascism", if the title was "Things Black People Like", the moderators would have closed this thread, and gotten Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson AND the NAACP involved.

But since it's about "white" stereotypes, its perfectly fine!
Just for you.....Stuff that Black People Like plus the bonus list of Stuff that Educated Black People Like!

Stuff Educated Black people Like

Stuff Black People Like

Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Average White Band

Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRr2kf84V2M

Old 01-08-2011, 11:21 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Seinfeld is genius.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
And while we are on the topic.....

http://www.asian-central.com/stuffas...ike-full-list/

Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Watermelon, fried chicken, grits and chocolate banana splits.......

Some white people also like boiled cabbage and blood sausage too....

Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,851 times
That blog has me laughing for a few hours lol. My favourite one:

#71 Being the only white person around

This concept ties heavily into post #7 Diversity and post #19 Travelling, but is important that you fully understand how white people view authenticity and experience.

In most situations, white people are very comforted by seeing their own kind. However, when they are eating at a new ethnic restaurant or traveling to a foreign nation, nothing spoils their fun more than seeing another white person.

Many white people will look into the window of an ethnic restaurant to see if there are other white people in there. It is determined to be an acceptable restaurant if the white people in there are accompanied by ethnic friends. But if there is a table occupied entirely by white people, it is deemed unacceptable.

The arrival of the “other white people” to either restaurants or vacation spots instantly means that lines will grow, authenticity will be lost, and the euphoria of being a cultural pioneer will be over.

Being aware of this can be extremely valuable in your efforts to gain the trust of white friends and co-workers. If you bring a white person to an ethnic restaurant and another white person (or group of white people) shows up, you can lose all respect and trust that you have worked so hard to acquire. Do your best to find a table with a divider, or ask the waiter to put future white people out of sight.

Note: This does not apply to night clubs.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Full List of Stuff White People Like « Stuff White People Like

Just in case you missed this Internet gem. Oh man, fruit picking. That one was awesome. As a former farm worker in Georgia in my teens, I think I picked almost every thing but carrots. Tomatos are beautiful in a store. Ever smell a rotten tomato? Ever step in one? Ever step in several?

I have. It sucks. Burning mid-day sun, humidity, bugs, cheap sandwich lunch from your Igloo cooler, early rising, picking 'til dusk for minimum pay. Yeah, I'll pass.

(Edit just noticed some ..colorful language ... in one link.. the S word..... so figured I'd mention it...wouldn't want to link to something that might offend the wandering link clicker without a warning)
This website and the book it spawned which I've skipped through since I know a couple people who have it, is BS. This is not a list of what "white people like" but really what "yuppie liberals like". I am a minority but most of my friends are white and none of them are like this. I've been told by some ethnically minded liberals (including 2 whites) that I "act white", yet I do not identiy with anything on this list. In fact, this list describes the kind of pretentious yuppie liberal person that I can't stand and try not to associate with! Trust me, hell will free over before I vote for a liberal Democrat, drive a Prius, or go to Starbucks every morning. On the other hand there are plenty of non-white people who are perfectly described by this book.

If I must come up with a stereotypical list of what white poeple like it would consist of the stereotypically all-American things like going to church, backyard barbecues, country music, white picket fences, SUVs, pickup trucks, jeans and flannel shirts, cowboy hats, baseball caps, Monday Night Football and homestyle cooking, none of which are mentioned in this list. At the same time.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How about the old quote about blacks, "loose shoes, tight pu--y and a warm place to s--t." I'm an old white guy and like them too.
People also stereotype fried chicken as something black people like but its more of a southern and country thing. If you listen to country music, fried chicken is mentioned many times. There is even a very popular song called Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band. I had a friend who has never been in the South and heard me listening to this song, and he was surprised that a white band would sing about fried chicken and said isn't fried chicken a "black thing". Outside the South, many racial jokes are made about blacks and fried chicken (and watermelon)for some reason. Most black culture does come from the South since thats where African Americans originated. I am not black but I love fried chicken and collared greens, definitely over sushi or organic balsamic salads for sure!!!!

Again most of my friends are white and most of them cannot identify with ANYTHING on this list. I hang with a crowd that goes to church, drinks Coors Lights while watching football, wants the American Dream with the white picket fence in a small town or suburb, listens to country music. I do have some bumper stickers but they're for Sarah Palin, the local police department, a beach town and the Border Patrol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies