Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The only propaganda is that marijuana is "safe."
It's safer than allowing drug cartels to shoot and kill each other (and innocent bystanders) over money from the pot trade. Legalize it and that goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
The only propaganda is that marijuana is "safe."
And it's not because?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:02 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No, Fleet, you are very, very wrong. I would be very proud of America if it legalized pot, because then I would no longer feel ashamed of living in America from reading of bungled SWAT raids against marijuana in which innocent elderly or children were shot dead by mistake because the wrong house was raided.
I would be very proud if marijuana use was discouraged, like it used to be.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And it's not because?
One example:

In a group of recovering drug addicts, it took until the 40th person who said his drug addiction did not start by using marijuana.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
One example:

In a group of recovering drug addicts, it took until the 40th person who said his drug addiction did not start by using marijuana.

How many of those 39 drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes?

How many of those 39 bought marijuana from a legal and regulated source and not a 'drug dealer'?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
One example:

I have yet to see any great evidence the 'gateway' argument is valid. We often hear that most/all heroin users have smoked marijuana. Have most/all also not eaten mashed potatoes? Just saying an addict has used marijuana does not make marijuana the cause of their addiction to something else. How many folks who pooh-pooh illegal deugs and would never touch them get hooked on prescription drugs? What's the cause there?

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Alcohol can also be a gateway drug. It's not illegal.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:12 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
So what, you think everyone should have to be slaves and work every day all year with only Christmas and Veteran's Day to relax? Because that's freedom? What are you trying to say here? I'm not saying we shouldn't have to work at all.
You complained someone only has "three weeks off." And? Many people here, on this board, right now only have two weeks off. When I started working, I had NO time off.

You should be grateful to those who came before you, and fought for having three weeks off. Not sound like a brat, who deserves as much time off as "European's." And again, this is the problem with, in general, persons of your generation. I see it everyday. You believed you are entitled to something; it should be given to you and not work for it. The vast majority of your generation have never really worked a day in their lives. Don't know what its like to dig a ditch, pour concrete, hump 110 lb pack, and do it 6 days a week, 12-14 hours a day.

Instead of whining about how bad off American's are, how about looking at how good things have become, just as recent as 30 years ago. You aren't entitled to anything, except life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. The pursuit part is your corner; either work for it, or live under a freeway overpass. NOTHING is owed to you.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
God Bless America!

I do not agree with the OP, but I will defend his/her right to say it.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But no proof has ever been found that smoking pot causes lung cancer.
The 'research' about the effects of marijuana are influenced by politics more than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies