Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The truth is Dem's call Republicans racist. The Tea Party they call racist. Anyone who does not agree with an Obama policy routinely gets called a racist. The dems have labled republican as the white mans party.

the problem is its juts not true
The problem is that the current Obamacrats are not true Democrats in the history of the party, but rather highjackers who have taken over the party.

When I voted for Hillary in the primary, many Democrats were quick to label me racist. When I then wrote in Hillary in the general election, I was labeled racist again......to think that I would not automatically have voted for Obama! It was too much for several of the Obamacrats to understand.

I know Republicans hate Hillary, so Republicans labeled me a bleeding heart. It was too much for several of the Republicans to understand that I did not want eight more years of Bush (and yes McCain would have been that).

I felt Hillary would have been much more centrist than either Obama or McCain. Hillary is smart enough to govern from the center the way Bill did.

For a socially liberal, fiscally conservative gay man like myself, there isn't a party. I don't buy into the victim mentality or free spending/welfare of the Democratic party and I don't buy into the religious fervor or God dislikes gays attitude of the Republican party.

So as a white, gay man, socially liberal and fiscally conservative....there is no party that exist for me. Many people around the nation feel the same.

With that said, Obama is his own breed. He is not a Democrat....he is an Obamacrat and his actions have not been positive for the Democratic party or the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its in america's long term interests to vote against the democrat party.
Why? Because the GOP will completely sell-out the country to special interests more quickly and get it over with?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:51 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why? Because the GOP will completely sell-out the country to special interests more quickly and get it over with?
because communism doesnt work.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
because communism doesnt work.
#1 The allegation Democrats are communist is nothing but inane, asinine, baseless talk-radio blather

#2 Ain't doing too bad for China now is it?

If anything I'd say Republicans are closer to the China model as they'd like to see corporate interests prosper and don't give a rfat's ass about the people.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
It's all a big nothing. Whites will be the minority soon enough.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM

352 posts, read 187,228 times
Quote:
So typical of the right to offer nothing constructive that will benefit the country.

And why is it when I look up the word smarmy I find Romney's picture?
You want some constructive things that will benefit the country. Well here comes a few.

1. Removing from power the most errosive, corrosive and destructive administration in recent memory (that would be BHO and company), and perhaps the history of the republic. This, in and off itself is of inestimable value to the USA, and the world. 1.1 Bringing the U.S. Senate into the fold of true progress by removing the Democrat majority and Dingy Harry.

2. Cutting tax rates for America and Americans, The less money that goes to government, the more goes to the economy, and money is the mother's milk of economic growth.

3. Cutting the burdensome and instrusive dirty hands of government from all affiars and areas not specifically identified in the Constitution. A step by step, piece by piece destablishment of the milleau of Federal agencies and programs that sap the energy of all that is good, in favor of all that is bad.

4. Bringing about, sustaining and renewing a new pride in country where people are no longer taught to be ashamed of this great nation, the greatest nation on this planet. Reagan did this. He made it OK to be an American, to be proud of being an American, and to be proud of America.

These are some of the great bullwarks of American renewal. Read them, understand them and accept them, 'cause its going to happen with your or without you, your call. Either way is fine with me. You can be a proud American again, or a virtual grease spot, same same.

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
#1 The allegation Democrats are communist is nothing but inane, asinine, baseless talk-radio blather

#2 Ain't doing too bad for China now is it?

If anything I'd say Republicans are closer to the China model as they'd like to see corporate interests prosper and don't give a rfat's ass about the people.
so then why did you say what you did in #2?

democrats are so confused. their opinions are so poorly thought out that you say something and then contradict it in the very next sentence. what a joke.

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Maybe referring to folks like Clarance Thomas, Herman Cain, and Bill Bosby as "uncle toms" is a small determent to keeping white folks around?

Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What makes you think I am not prosperous? I did not achieve sucess alone. I had a lot of help, including the GI Bill, along the way.
You earned that!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
[=GregW;17301879]Good riddance. Of the entire American demographic the category called college educated prosperous white males is the most rapidly decreasing.
Good riddance?! This trend hurt the Democrats the most in the mid-terms and you couldn't care less?!?! And exactly what statistics are you looking at that tells you that "college educated prosperous white males" are the most rapidly decreasing? This sounds like more like a wet dream than a reality.

Quote:
On a national level the Democrats need not worry about a declining segment in lower populated states. The important group is the US born children of recent immigrants. This is the most rapidly growing portion of the populous.
Aren't you scared poopless that most of these new Americans have very strong Christian values (Catholics)? Do you think that some rosary bead thumbing Hispanic mother is going to get behind a Juan/Hector marriage. I thought that this was what liberals feared the most. At any rate, the fertility rates of the newest immigrant groups will drop dramatically after the first generation. America is not a 5 to 7 children nation anymore and fertility rates worldwide are decreasing.

Quote:
These people are smart enough to realize who will help them become prosperous. That is NOT the Republicans. I suspect may of the defecting Dems went to the Tea Party instead of the GOP.
Don't you mean they are smart enough to realize who is going to give them free things.

Quote:
BTW – I happen to be a relatively prosperous white college educated male. I only vote Democratic because the Republicans are inimical to all I believe in and there is no real Populist Party available.
Who do you think you are kidding? You are one of the biggest flaming liberals on the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies