Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No offense but whose fault is it you have no savings at near 60?

His savings were wiped out with his previous healthcare claims that were denied by his health insurance company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh sure let me help you out. You see corporations pay employees with money, you know US currency. So when the government takes billions of those dollars away from them, they have to make up for that. So that usually translates into downsizing. Hope this helps.
Still not connecting the dots. How is the government taking billions of those dollars away from corporations through the new healthcare bill?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh sure let me help you out. You see corporations pay employees with money, you know US currency. So when the government takes billions of those dollars away from them, they have to make up for that. So that usually translates into downsizing. Hope this helps.

How does the government "take billions of those dollars away from them?" What are you talking about? Furthermore when more people are on insurance, how would that kill jobs? Insurance stocks went up for a reason, because demand will be up and jobs will be created. With that physicians will have more patients, since they can now afford to see a PCP, pharmacies will fill more prescriptions, more kids can stay on insurance etc etc. Who will do all this work? I suggest you read an economics book, hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:27 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
I hope the Republicans aren't against the insurance exchanges. I like that idea. Also, closing the doughnut hole in Medicare appeals to my elderly parents. I don't want to see that repealed, but I would like to see if the Republicans can better figure out how to cover the cost than the Democrats could.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
I just received a hospital bill for 84K for a FOUR-DAY hospital stay. That's in addition to 10K+ in doctor bills.

It looks like the health insurance company is refusing to pay (big surprise). That means I have to sell my house to pay the bills.

My life-long savings were in the house. That means, at age 58, I will be jobless (due to the medical condition), and penniless.

Thanks Republicans!
I feel for you. I went thru a similar situation in 2005. Much more the a 4 day bill, along with surgeries and Chemo. Months of bills. Fortunately I had a a very good Ins plan, until it reached it's limit. I had a fairly substantial retirement 401k, but had to tap that significantly. If the same were to happen today, the financial devastation would not be quite a bad, if for no other reason than there no longer being a cap. That's water under the bridge now, as I have been fortunate again in the recovery of health and a good bit of the 401k value.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Tea Party,"First ,we can read the constitution"

Republican,"Oh yeah! then we can work on a bill that has no chance of getting passed"

Tea Party, " yeah, that will take up a lot time.

Republican "Then what will we do"

Tea Party, Looks at Republican,

Republican, "Oh I got it! we can read the constitution again "

Tea Party ,"If keep this up we won't have to do anything"

Republican, "Sure ,you don't want to hurt your chances of getting re-elected by doing something"

que: corny music

Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Calling the Healthcare bill a job killing bill is unfounded rhetoric at best and downright deception at its worst.

If this is the best the GOP can come up with to create jobs, we are in trouble!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
I just received a hospital bill for 84K for a FOUR-DAY hospital stay. That's in addition to 10K+ in doctor bills.

It looks like the health insurance company is refusing to pay (big surprise). That means I have to sell my house to pay the bills.

My life-long savings were in the house. That means, at age 58, I will be jobless (due to the medical condition), and penniless.

Thanks Republicans!

What are you thanking the Republicans for? Please explain in detail.

BTW: If you actually think that you will have to sell your house to pay medical bills please shoot me a PM. I have a lovely bridge for sale that I would like you to see.....

Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:

Thanks Republicans!
Your thanks are premature, and misplaced.

Remember, it wasn't just the Republicrats that destroyed your "right to healthcare". When government criminalized the unlicensed practice of medicine, and the sale of medicine, it made 'healthcare' a government controlled privilege.

And as we all can attest to, government privilege is a very very expensive thing, indeed.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Your thanks are premature, and misplaced.

Remember, it wasn't just the Republicrats that destroyed your "right to healthcare". When government criminalized the unlicensed practice of medicine, and the sale of medicine, it made 'healthcare' a government controlled privilege.

And as we all can attest to, government privilege is a very very expensive thing, indeed.
Yeah, like you could have bought some snake oil from a witch doctor and gotten your medical care a lot cheaper! Damn that government!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies