Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I don't think that is what she is saying. She enjoys being a female and seen that way, I don't see anything wrong with that. She does not want to become just a "genderless person". It is her feelings and there is nothing wrong with them.
Nothing wrong with her feelings, but a simple passport can't take them away.

There might be gay people who take pride in their parenthood as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I don't think that is what she is saying. She enjoys being a female and seen that way, I don't see anything wrong with that. She does not want to become just a "genderless person". It is her feelings and there is nothing wrong with them.
...Except for the fact that this does nothing to promote a genderless society.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
They should be listed as Sperm Donor and Egg Donor, maybe add a third for Surrogate Womb. I think everyone should just fill it in as Unknown - Adopted, or found in vacated space ship in corn field in Iowa.
If a citizen makes his first passport application at age 80, what damn difference would it make who Parents 1 and 2 were? Unless, of course, they're looking for Jews...

Old 01-07-2011, 04:43 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I guess our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar, homosexual, Kevin Jennings must be getting his wish come true, as outlined in the book for which he wrote a foreward, entitled, "Que*ring Elementary Education." The book talks about the need to create a Gender Neutral society, beginning with elementary education. The goal would be to do away with all distinctions between boys and girls; e.g., Teachers should stop asking students to line up in separate boy and girl lines. Boys should not be encouraged to think of themselves growing up to be Fathers and of course should not be encouraged to play with typically "boy toys." The book talks about the need to go beyond teaching children to understand and sympathize with homosexuals; but discusses a need to obliterate the lines of distinction between the sexes and sexual orientations. The author talks about the methods of using Art, Music, Literature, etc. to indirectly indoctrinate students with these ideas when the law forbids directly teaching them. I think we have seen this type of indoctrination and "manufactured consent" in the works for many years in much of the media. Doesn't make it right; but it does explain how all of this is coming into place.

I, personally don't care what Gays, etc. do in their private lives. I have sympathy for those few who are actually born gay. Must be tough. I could accept a Civil Union. Not being in the Military or personally knowing anyone who is, I don't have a strong opinion on that. But, when it comes to changing the very fabric of our lives with a goal of gender neutralizing everything, I have a big problem. Let the PassPort office offer a supplemental form for homosexuals, if deemed necessary, but forcing the huge majority of society to do away with what is and has been normal, cherished standards for a small segment of the population, whose cause is still very much debated is not right.

Please don't start with the hate/homophobic labels. I am not a hater. I have neighbors/friends, etc. who are gay and lovely people. I happen to have a different opinion on these social/political issues. I don't hate anyone.

'Mother,' 'Father' Changing to 'Parent One,' 'Parent Two' on Passport Applications - FoxNews.com
If two women adopt a child, let them be "mother #1" and #2, why do they feel the need to eliminate mother and father? Once again, we have to disrespect the majority in order to cater to the small minority.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Nothing wrong with her feelings, but a simple passport can't take them away.

I think her point is this is just a start. That it can go to other things.

I am not speaking for her just saying how I took what she wrote.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Oh brother, we gotta change everything for the poor gays so we don't "offend" them. I'm sick and tired of everything being about those homosexuals, they need to get a f-ing life.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:45 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If two women adopt a child, let them be "mother #1" and #2, why do they feel the need to eliminate mother and father? Once again, we have to disrespect the majority in order to cater to the small minority.
This affects no one though.

All this does is include all possible variables in one easy statement.

Anyone who does believe this is affecting them is a little too thin-skinned.

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How does Parent 1 and Parent 2 not cater to the majority too? It's not like those terms in any way exclude mother and father. Catering to the minority would be putting Mother 1 and Mother 2 or Father 1 and Father 2. Parent 1 and Parent 2 caters to everybody.

What's the problem?

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
...Except for the fact that this does nothing to promote a genderless society.

Sure it does. It is passports today and other things tomorrow. When you remove all sense of gender from certain documents it does make it genderless.

Again I am not speaking for her just how I took what she wrote.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
We gotta change everything for the poor gays. I'm sick and tired of everything being about them, they need to get a f-ing life.
It's not just for gay people. It's for anyone whose living situation is other than Mother and Father, which includes a lot of straight people too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies