Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:49 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Sure it does. It is passports today and other things tomorrow. When you remove all sense of gender from certain documents it does make it genderless.

Again I am not speaking for her just how I took what she wrote.
You do realize that you still have to indicate your own sex on the passport application right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Oh brother, we gotta change everything for the poor gays so we don't "offend" them. I'm sick and tired of everything being about those homosexuals, they need to get a f-ing life.
Uhhh, I think that's mostly what it's about... a f-ing life style. No passport required....

Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Sure it does. It is passports today and other things tomorrow. When you remove all sense of gender from certain documents it does make it genderless.

That's like saying just because schools don't make you put down your race when you apply, they're attempting to eliminate race from society. Not forcing a distinction is not the same as eliminating something. Saying Parent 1 and Parent 2 isn't making things genderless--it's just allowed for more gender options.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:53 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:

Except there is no "removing all sense of gender". This is "allowing for all variables in the parenting paradigm".

Old 01-07-2011, 04:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,272,380 times
Quote:
I think her point is this is just a start. That it can go to other things.

I am not speaking for her just saying how I took what she wrote.
That is correct. There have also been cases fighting for the right for boys to use girls bathrooms in public schools to accommodate the transgendered individuals.

Birth Certificates will probably be next. Thing #1 & Thing #2 instead of Mother & Father...

Genderless Society is a goal spelled out in the book I mentioned, "Que*ring Elementary Education" Check out the reviews on Amazon.com. The foreward was written by someone with a lot of influence, Kevin Jennings, our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar. (Ass't Deputy Chief of Safe Schools, is official title, I believe.)

I prefer the world of gender distinctions we now have. Who's making these changes? This one may seem small; but it is just one of many and more to come.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
That is correct. There have also been cases fighting for the right for boys to use girls bathrooms in public schools to accommodate the transgendered individuals.
And again, exactly what is wrong with that?

Quote:
Birth Certificates will probably be next. Thing #1 & Thing #2 instead of Mother & Father...
Which allows for all variables in parenting. Again, nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
I prefer the world of gender distinctions we now have. Who's making these changes? This one may seem small; but it is just one of many and more to come.
You'll still have gender distinctions where it matters. This isn't where it matters.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and this form at the passport office is the very fabric of our lives

Considering the percentage of the population that actually has passports, I'm sure this will completely tear us asunder

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If two women adopt a child, let them be "mother #1" and #2, why do they feel the need to eliminate mother and father? Once again, we have to disrespect the majority in order to cater to the small minority.
Step parents and blended familes are not exactly a 'small minority". This is not just about gay people,.

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post

Genderless Society is a goal spelled out in the book I mentioned, "Que*ring Elementary Education" Check out the reviews on Amazon.com. The foreward was written by someone with a lot of influence, Kevin Jennings, our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar. (Ass't Deputy Chief of Safe Schools, is official title, I believe.)

just because it was spelled out in a book doesn't mean our world will become gender neutral. we change admins every 4 to 8 years the next POTUS might have a czar that thinks differently and change the passport papers back.

but the world we live in should reflect our society and many families have something other than a mother and a father.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
This isn't making a "genderless society".

This is making it so all parties can easily be included with no extra paperwork necessary.

Not exactly seeing the problem with that.
I think the OP's problem with it is that it is one baby step toward no longer treating gays as second class citizens. Bigots are loathe to give up the last form of institutionalized hatred they have left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies