Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,308,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The paperwork at my sons school already says Parent/Guardian.
The school is his guardian while under its roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 05:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,650,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why not?

I cannot see kids being raised without a woman and a man being normal kids. Talk about having some very mixed up confused kids.

My kids need me for certain things and their Father for certain things. Something two men or two women cannot provide.
So don't marry someone of the same sex. You can live your life according to what you believe is right. No need to make rules for others.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,840,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I, personally don't care what Gays, etc. do in their private lives. I have sympathy for those few who are actually born gay. Must be tough. I could accept a Civil Union. Not being in the Military or personally knowing anyone who is, I don't have a strong opinion on that. But, when it comes to changing the very fabric of our lives with a goal of gender neutralizing everything, I have a big problem. Let the PassPort office offer a supplemental form for homosexuals, if deemed necessary, but forcing the huge majority of society to do away with what is and has been normal, cherished standards for a small segment of the population, whose cause is still very much debated is not right.
Really, the very fabric of our lives, Father/Mother vs Parent One/Parent Two?

How about addressing reality. There are children with parents of the same gender. No separate form should be required.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,370,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It's vague.
It's comprehensive.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,370,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Is parent 2 subservient to parent 1?

Is one an apple, and one an orange?

Is one real, and one imaginary?

Are we talking virtual parents?

Is one a village?
Are you virtually smoking something you shouldn't?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,834,694 times
Quote:
Why not?

I cannot see kids being raised without a woman and a man being normal kids. Talk about having some very mixed up confused kids.

My kids need me for certain things and their Father for certain things. Something two men or two women cannot provide.
Then I suggest you actually do the research. It might be helpful when formulating an intelligent opinion on the subject.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:11 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,834,694 times
Quote:
You gotta be kidding me.

Maybe we should just stamp everyone's head with normal, odd, number one, number three, weird, green, yellow, thing one, thing two etc and skip the passports all together.

Amazing how this admin has transformed America in just two short years and all of it is this kind of crap instead of something of value.

When the moron in the WH said he was going to transform American boy did he mean it.

Parent one and two. Amazing.

America was built on the precious family values of a man and a woman and now this crap.

Guess, we will have to go back and change this as well.
America wasn't built on the precious family values of a man and a woman. Our economic and military backbone isn't family values based.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,436,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
You do realize that you still have to indicate your own sex on the passport application right?
Again that is not the point. When people refer to me I want to be referred to as a female and if I am a mom be seen as that. I am unsure why people are so upset that moms want to be referred to as moms.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's like saying just because schools don't make you put down your race when you apply, they're attempting to eliminate race from society. Not forcing a distinction is not the same as eliminating something. Saying Parent 1 and Parent 2 isn't making things genderless--it's just allowed for more gender options.

You are missing the difference. No you do not have to list your race but now on the PP you WILL be Parent 1 or 2 no choice. I for one am very proud to be a mom. I am a good mom and proud to be called such. I fail to see why it makes me or any other person some how "not tolerant" because we are proud that we are female and moms.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Except there is no "removing all sense of gender". This is "allowing for all variables in the parenting paradigm".

Please explain how changing "Mother" and "Father" to "Parent 1" and "Parent 2" does NOT remove the gender variable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies