Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
You are missing the difference. No you do not have to list your race but now on the PP you WILL be Parent 1 or 2 no choice. I for one am very proud to be a mom. I am a good mom and proud to be called such. I fail to see why it makes me or any other person some how "not tolerant" because we are proud that we are female and moms.
I'm very proud to be a father and proud to be called such.

But I'm not going to force the government to not prepare for all parenting variables just because I like being called Dad.

That's just selfish and ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 06:24 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
That is correct. There have also been cases fighting for the right for boys to use girls bathrooms in public schools to accommodate the transgendered individuals.

Birth Certificates will probably be next. Thing #1 & Thing #2 instead of Mother & Father...

Genderless Society is a goal spelled out in the book I mentioned, "Que*ring Elementary Education" Check out the reviews on Amazon.com. The foreward was written by someone with a lot of influence, Kevin Jennings, our Obama appointed, Safe Schools Czar. (Ass't Deputy Chief of Safe Schools, is official title, I believe.)

I prefer the world of gender distinctions we now have. Who's making these changes? This one may seem small; but it is just one of many and more to come.

Agreed. I personally do not want to see a society that does not distinguished between males and females. Both are amazing creators in their own right and those things should not be wiped over.

Last edited by Cyber Queen; 01-07-2011 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Agreed. I personally do not want to see a society that does not distinguished between males and females. Both are amazing creator in their own right and those things should not be wiped over.
And this in no way wipes over that.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Let me get this straight. The government made a decision that was actually efficient and cost-saving... and people are kvetching? Am I reading this right? What is the problem here? Not every household has a mother and a father. Some have two fathers and some have two mothers.

Congratulations Government. You've made a decision that is fair to all parties, will save money from not having 5+ forms to handle different exceptions, and will still do the job it was intended to do.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post

But I'm not going to force the government to not prepare for all parenting variables just because I like being called Dad.

Then the government needs to provide 2 sets of forms..one with mother/father and the other with parent1/parent2.

Every government form is already produced in 2 languages so this should not be a big deal.

Just a few hundred thousand emails to Uncle Sam, one elected official's ear and maybe it could be done.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:

Great so now because I want to be referred to by what I actually am makes me selfish. Sorry but I fail to how. I have a cousin that is a lesbian and has a partner that she has been with for years and even she said this is stupid. When we remove every fabric of what makes us special we lose ourselves.

Honestly I really could careless but I don't think it makes a person selfish or a bigot because they want to be referred to by what they are. Male or female.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Let me get this straight. The government made a decision that was actually efficient and cost-saving... and people are kvetching? Am I reading this right? What is the problem here? Not every household has a mother and a father. Some have two fathers and some have two mothers.

Congratulations Government. You've made a decision that is fair to all parties, will save money from not having 5+ forms to handle different exceptions, and will still do the job it was intended to do.

And meanwhile every other government form is produced in at least two languages.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
And this in no way wipes over that.

Point is that it is a step in that direction. A step toward it somehow being wrong to call someone a female "name" (mother) or a male "name" (father).

Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Great so now because I want to be referred to by what I actually am makes me selfish. Sorry but I fail to how. I have a cousin that is a lesbian and has a partner that she has been with for years and even she said this is stupid. When we remove every fabric of what makes us special we lose ourselves.

Honestly I really could careless but I don't think it makes a person selfish or a bigot because they want to be referred to by what they are. Male or female.

I'm not seeing how this is losing ANYTHING.

It's just a passport.

It's not like we're all being forced to being referred to as parent 1/parent 2 instead of mom/dad in every single case.

This is just an idiotic thing to get upset about.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:

Yes it does because you're not being "tolerant" of the minorities that make up non traditional parents.

Minority groups rule in America so we best just shut up and march to the beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies