Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh please, not another conspiracy chemtrail thread
the crazies from abovetopsecret and other crazy conspiracy sites are slowly invading....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 AM

209 posts, read 239,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yet you nut jobs think its 'the guvment'

get real

the alluminum and barium, and SULFUR DIOXIDE( thus acid rain) , and hydrogen sulfideis in the air..especially since the industrail revolution and ....coal burning((SULFUR DIOXIDE( thus acid rain))).....not to forget carbonyl sulfide in our atmosphere come from (you guessed it) volcanoes, salt marshland, undersea vents, and other natural sources.

did you know that silver didnt tarnish before the industral revolution???

and as far as your barium:

Barium is a silvery-white metal that can be found in the environment, where it exists naturally. It occurs combined with other chemicals, such as sulfur, carbon or oxygen.

Barium is often used in barium-nickel alloys for spark-plug electrodes an in vacuum tubes as drying and oxygen-removing agent. It is also used in fluorescent lamps: impure barium sulfide phosphoresces after exposure to the light.
Barium compounds are used by the oil and gas industries to make drilling mud. Drilling mud simplifies drilling through rocks by lubricating the drill.
Barium compounds are also used to make paint, bricks, tiles, glass, and rubber. Barium nitrate and clorate give fireworks a green colour.

Barium is surprisingly abundant in the Earth's crust, being the 14th most abundant element. High amounts of barium may only be found in soils and in food, such as nuts, seaweed, fish and certain plants.
Because of the extensive use of barium in the industries human activities add greatly to the release of barium in the environment. As a result barium concentrations in air, water and soil may be higher than naturally occurring concentrations on many locations

Barium enters the air during mining processes, refining processes, and during the production of barium compounds. It can also enter the air during coal and oil combustion.

I need to do more reading to figure our what I think about Chemtrails, but that aside, what is your deal with name calling. Every thread I see your posts in you are calling someone who doesn't agree with you a nut job or a kook. I thought it was against the rules on this forum to say rude things, insult, or name call. Can't you just argue your point of view without belittling someone? Grow-up!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,250 times
Do you normally publicly admit to committing federal crimes?

This comment tells me you never watched the video because the makers of it tell you to copy and give them to people.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Do you normally publicly admit to committing federal crimes?

This comment tells me you never watched the video because the makers of it tell you to copy and give them to people.
That comment tells you that I never watched it? So what does my previously posted analysis of the movie say to you? Does it say that I'm psychic?

Copyrighted material is illegal to distribute without permission from the copyright owner. In this case, that's "Reality Zone." If that company is owned by the filmmaker and has given you written permission to distribute the film, then more power to you, but it hasn't been demonstrated.

Generally, businesses that invest in the production of a work of intellectual (I use that term loosely) property want to protect that investment, which means that they don't just give it away. Maybe that's not the case here, but it's a more than reasonable assumption to make until evidence to the contrary is provided.

Don't assume that just because they said it was ok in the film, that it is ok. Michael Moore gave "permission" for people to freely distribute one of his movies, too, but Lions Gate - the actual owner of the distribution rights - had something completely different to say about it.

Once again, we have a chemtrail theorist proving that they're not as informed as they think they are. What a surprise.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM

I just came across yet another supposed reason for "chemtrail spraying" while researching another - even more fantastic - conspiracy theory.

According to one guy, chemtrails are being sprayed to test the effects we'll be seeing when "Planet X" passes by us:

Quote:
Are the chemtrail criss-cross patterns heavily laced with Aluminum Oxide (AlO)? Note that a Brown Dwarf at certain potential temperatures have strong Titanium Oxide (TiO) or Vanadium Oxide (VO) for which AlO is an inexpensive substitute. Is the Govt. trying to find out the effects of TiO analogues raining down?
Wow. It's scary just how many people are THAT detached from reality. As long as they're not hurting anyone, more power to 'em, I say. I love free entertainment!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times
City-Data's political forum posts alone are proof "they" must be spraying something.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
City-Data's political forum posts alone are proof "they" must be spraying something.
You got me there! And it was right in front of me the whole time!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I just came across yet another supposed reason for "chemtrail spraying" while researching another - even more fantastic - conspiracy theory.

According to one guy, chemtrails are being sprayed to test the effects we'll be seeing when "Planet X" passes by us:

Wow. It's scary just how many people are THAT detached from reality. As long as they're not hurting anyone, more power to 'em, I say. I love free entertainment!
So, you actually ENJOY looking at chemtrails!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 AM

3 posts, read 2,426 times
It's a subject rich in irony.

Contrails laid in a supersaturated layer in the LOW STRATOSPHERE, seven miles up, which is typically at a temperature of -40 (either scale!), will seed the precipitation of pure water from the supersaturated water vapor around the trail by a factor of up to ten thousand times by weight.
Such a dilution, of course, means the trail is perfectly drinkable, although your tastebuds would probably sense the partially-burnt hydrocarbons. Perrier water?
The trail ice falls towards the tropopause into progressively cooling conditions, which protect it from evaporation, until it falls beneath the tropopause into progressively warming conditions, where it evaporates, releasing its relatively tiny burden of partially-burnt hydrocarbons and very fine soot particles.
As the trails are swept into the plane's two wave vortices almost immediately they're made, they become strongly mixed with the surrounding air, and are able to make this copious exchange, falling as discrete columns, with their centres containing the largest and most rapidly-falling crystals.
As they pass through successive lower layers they are subject to shear, because typically each layer has a relative lateral motion - they slide in different directions past each other. It doesn't make much sense to call this movement "winds".
And so you get what you see... ...flat cirrostratus widening to perhaps five miles in width, and possibly running from horizon to horizon.
Depending on the heading and speed of the stratosphere (its average speed is above 50mph, and its maximum 150mph), regular shuttle flights will produce parallel lines, and crossing shuttle flights will produce grids.
"Chemtrailers" will often argue, accepting these facts, that the trails are an obvious "pollution", and should be stopped anyway, for that reason.
But they are WRONG.
ALL clouds are witness of "pollution"; whether water droplets or ice crystals, they only form when there is a PARTICLE to SEED their growth. It is the absence of such particles which forces supersaturation in the first place. Supersaturated layers are PERFECTLY CLEAN.
The water cycle in the atmosphere rigorously removes particulates from the atmosphere, so that NO trace remains of even a major volcanic eruption (which may loft particles as high as Edward Teller intended - 80,000 feet) after a couple of years.

Here is the confirmatory reference (itself replete with further references):
http://www-pm.larc.nasa.gov/sass/pub...s_JAMC2006.pdf
The trail weight figures for a Boeing 747 cruising in the stratosphere are given as 16 Kg per metre. A 5,000 Km flight through such conditions (unlikely!) would obviously dump (5000*1000*16/1000) = 80,000 tonnes of ice as a trail - some trail... ...and a Jumbo obviously doesn't carry that, does it?

Here is the most comprehensive debunk:
Contrail Science

And here is mine:
JazzRoc versus “Chemtrails”

A long time ago, my first job was as an aeroengineer at the National Gas Turbine Establishment, Pyestock, Hants, UK.
I guess that makes me a paid tool of the gubmint...

The final irony is that top hoaxsters do get paid, by site hit advertising (up to $50K p.a.), marketing CDs, and selling "cloudbusters", colloidal silver, etc.

Now THAT is ironic...

Last edited by jazzroc; 02-10-2011 at 04:22 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 05:41 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
An easy way to try to discredit and debunk something is to claim to support it and then propose something wild and crazy as the reason behind it. I'm not saying I believe in much of the chemtrail conspiracy theory or motives but some of it is possible. We've had a lot of dead birds and dead fish near US chemical weapon holding facilities in Arkansas and the " experts" put forth some pretty wild theories saying it was lightning, fireworks, etc. The same goes for that missile test/ sighting off the California coast. " It was a jet."
No, sometimes what the government says is just as crazy as what conspiracy theorists claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies