Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Yeah they said it was from a leaked memo and maybe only leaked to them - but I'd like to hear more as well...
Agree - the other news agencies should have it by now. Sounding a bit too suspect right now. Will wait and see how this pans out.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:16 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
The killer was massively influenced by the leftest punk group "Anti-flag"

Here are some Anti-Flag lyrics"

"Red, White And Brainwashed"

Quote:
They use the flag to control us
Brainwash us to be their patrotic slaves
Programs our minds by controlling what we learn
The only difference from the nazis is that
Someone tried to stop them
RED WHITE AND BRAINWASHED
The government says they're working for us
Just as long as we increase their pay
But the minute they get into office we're a has-been
A yesterday
The red stands for the blood of all the people
We've slain
The white for this racist, bigoted foundation
The blue for your arayan eyes -- all empty
Empty because you're taught to bow down to the man
"Fly that flag, that flag of freedom"
"Do what you can for your country"
Go and fight their wars for them
"They're not following in our footsteps,
KILL THEM!"

I see a much more direct link between anti-flag and the killings than anything ever said by Beck or Palin.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:17 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Default Why Dead Judge John Roll who let the illegals sue the Arizona rancher , not the headline?

[LEFT]U.S. District Judge John Roll faced death threats in 2009
The killing of U.S. District Judge John M. Roll comes two years after he received death threats while he presided over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher.
[/LEFT]

Rancher ordered to pay illegals $77,000
Sixteen illegal aliens who sued an Arizona rancher, claiming he violated their civil rights and falsely imprisoned them by holding them at gunpoint on his property along the border, have lost their case.

The federal lawsuit against Douglas, Ariz., rancher Roger Barnett, his wife, Barbara, and his brother, Donald, took place before Judge John Roll in U.S. District Court. A verdict was declared Tuesday. The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, or MALDEF, represented the five female and 11 male illegal aliens.

Is reporting this bad or a coverup ?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,800,839 times
BTW, last week while looking for a weather forecast for the local are I stumbled upon Rush spouting out something crazy which I thought was over the top. My thoughts were, "This guy must be losing his audience and running out of material." As I didn't find it entertaining and didn't feel like listening to it while waiting for the forecast update I quickly searched for another local station to get a snow update before returning to satellite radio to listen to something else to fill the spot for the rest of my 45 minute commute.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
IMO, he was not the target.

He lives near the area and just walked over there.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Another Anti-flag song

"Kill The Rich"

Quote:
A billionaire chatting with his friends
They've gotta stop and laugh
"We've really got those suckers fooled,
We've gotta 'em trained like rats!"
The riches plot, control your thoughts, to make you blame yourself
"The rich are rich because they're smarter than me.."
You're taught this is right, that it's your fault
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
They throw a war like a party saying,
"It's for a moral cause.."
Telling you if you're a patriot that
"YOU BETTER DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD!"
You burn a flag, you're gonna hang,
Brainwashed nationalism makes you a tool
They're getting rich by selling weapons to both countries,
You never think to question what you're told!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
KILL, KILL, KILL!!!

It seems very clear this is one of the sources of his deranged lunacy.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:20 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The killer was massively influenced by the leftest punk group "Anti-flag"

Here are some Anti-Flag lyrics"

"Red, White And Brainwashed"

I see a much more direct link between anti-flag and the killings than anything ever said by Beck or Palin.
If he was a leftist group, why would he kill democrats?

That makes no sense. I read the quote that you put in, that could be used by someone on the right also.

I'm not saying that Beck or Palin caused this, anyone who says that has lost touch with reality. However, we have to understand that the words of public officials and public citizens have weight in the minds of those who are insane.

You should never give an excuse to insane people. Mrs. Palins "don't retreat, reload" statement is a prime example. That was a stupid thing to say, I know she wasn't promoting open rebellion against the government, but it was still a stupid thing to say in her position.

If your local loudmouth at the barber shop says it, its not going to go anywhere. But when you have voice to millions of people, you've got to be careful what you say.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Another Anti-flag song

"Kill The Rich"

It seems very clear this is one of the sources of his deranged lunacy.
Songs don't create lunatics, they only fuel them...

Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO, he was not the target.

He lives near the area and just walked over there.
The boy is also from the area , he could have followed him ? Just a guess . The Judge was not well liked , and he is dead. I would think that would be big news?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I have honestly not seen anything, besides supposition by some posters here, that he was linked to any recent politics, such as the healthcare vote or Sarah Palin. Please post any of this evidence since I have been following this story pretty closely and have seen no mention of either of these things.
I was wrong--he didn't directly state he was a fan of Sarah Palin, but Gifford's district was listed as one of her "most targeted." His ramblings on social media sites were primarily around wanting to go back to the Gold standard (common tea party theme, and legislation introduced by them in multiple states this year) It doesn't look like this was an entirely random shooting--if you read some of the Arizona news sites, people in the crowd heard him calling out names as he shot some of the victims. Here are his own words--

""If I define terrorist then a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon. I define terrorist …. If you call me a terrorist then the argument to call me a terrorist is ad hominem. You call me a terrorist."

2011 Tucson shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies