Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He also listed The Communist Manifesto, along with Mein Kampf, as one of his favorite books. How do you reconcile that?

The guy was just plain nuts Even his former college told him to seek a mental health professional. From comments about him from people who knew him, even casually, in the last few years, he doesn't appear to be right in the head.

Ditto, he's nuts. The more I hear about him, the more Mark David Chapman comes to mind.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Antisemitism was entirely possible, the shooter was obssessed about gold and the currency too. We have a lot of that here in the "Land of Internment". I knew Gabby to talk to, the GOP spent a fortune trying to defeat her and a lot of their tactics were despicable. Like a fundraiser where you got to shoot at pictures of her with a M-16
I'm getting more of a Glenn Beck vibe from the videos than a direct connection to Palin and her tasteless/tacky PAC actions. Gold standard, strict Constitutionalist, all that. And Beck's book with him dressed as a Nazi on the cover was all over the place a while back would easily lure someone with anti-semetic leanings to flip through it and see what's there.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sarah Palin has blood on her hands now.

Take Back the 20
Sarah Palin was probably up in Alaska. Let's stop blaming people and put the real blame where it belongs--on the shooter. When will we stop making excuses for these nut jobs? The shooter is to blame here and not Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, or the Tea Party.

I just pray for the congresswoman's speedy recovery, her family, and for the family of the victims who died.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
The inflammatory rhetoric needs to be scaled back, problem is the people doing it, would lose ratings.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,950 times
Finger pointers, name callers, conclusion jumpers, and all-out accusatory (left - right - pothead - etc.) non-sense just doesn't prove and/or help anything. It looks as though way too many people haven't graduated, into real-life, from elementary school. No matter what LABEL anyone wants to place on this type of action, the bottom line is nothing more than hatred, anger and ignorance (possible mental illness) from the shooter(s).

At this point in time we're ALL victims of a selfish, greedy, "big business" government. As well as, those that are against anyone that is fighting for, the fairness of, America as a whole.

The 'smiley's' being used in this thread are uncalled for. Showing so much disrespect to those who have perished and are suffering from this pre-meditated act of evil.

My, my, my... 'we' have such a long way to go.

From myself and those close to me, our thoughts and 'prayers' go out to all the families and friends of the victims of this tragedy.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude
Sarah Palin has blood on her hands now.
The only blood she has on her hands is from the deer she hunts

This guy was a lunatic and had no party favorites. If it had been a (R) Senator and Judge at a local gathering he would have happily killed them just as well. People kill people just to kill people, stop politicizing this tragedy.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The inflammatory rhetoric needs to be scaled back, problem is the people doing it, would lose ratings.
I think we'll see a three month break from really provocative language. After the shock of this has worn off, it'll be business as usual.

Some folks in the campaign at the end of this year will likely bring it up though.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
I think the issue of the shooter being a full-fledged whack-o, is pretty cut-n'-dry.
What isn't cut and dry, is how EASILY full-fledged whack jobs in this country can obtain easily concealable firearms?
Until THAT issue is resolved, expect to see more senseless killings in the future.

Steve

Old 01-09-2011, 09:58 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
His highschool friend is now saying he was very active in supporting Kerry against Bush, and wore a pin about Bush being a one term president.
and how old was he at that time?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The only blood she has on her hands is from the deer she hunts

This guy was a lunatic and had no party favorites. If it had been a (R) Senator and Judge at a local gathering he would have happily killed them just as well. People kill people just to kill people, stop politicizing this tragedy.
Don't forget the halibut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies