Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

According to the statistics in a Gallup poll taken in 2009

Asian-Americans Lean Left Politically

Only 16% of Asians identified themselves as Republicans (41% as Democrats and 41% as Independents) Of that percentage of Asians, 61% tend to lean Democratic

31% of Asians self identify as Liberal and 46% as moderate

54% of Asians indiacted that religion is an important part of their daily life

In 2008, Asian voters supported Barack Obama over John McCain by a ratio of 2-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
And thereby comes the whole "Asian people are just white people painted yellow" argument.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Recently I was surprised when a black female I work with said she was surprised by how much I hate Barack Obama and my state's liberal Democrat governor because I'm of Asian descent. She basically said that was the reason she was surprised I was anti-Obama after she saw me post negative things about the president on facebook including links about his racist preacher and his racist wife and negative things about his support for abortion.

My question for yall out there is, do you assume most Asian people are liberals like blacks and Hispanics just because we are minorities? Because many see us as foreigners vs Americans (the reason Hispanics are liberals because they support illegal immigration and have illegal alien family members and friends). Do you think non black minorities are also proud of a "minority president" and voted for him because of his race the way African Americans wanted a first "black president" and support him due to his race even though the vast majority of mainstream America now hates Obama after seeing his lies and incompetence and finally understanding his radical past and his radical leftist agenda?

This has really surprised me since I don't think Asian Americans in general are much more liberal than the average mainstream American population. Many Asians are Christians and are therefore Republicans. for example, the most important issue for me in choosing a candidate is whether they are pro-life or not, followed by their stance on illegal immigration and taxes. I would never vote for anyone who supports abortion. Also some Asian groups have negative family histories with liberals just as Chinese Americans whose ancestors survived the communist revolution, or those who have escaped from the Vietcong or have relatives living in tyranny in North Korea. I know MANY Chinese Americans my parents generation who will never vote for a Democrat the same way you will never find a Cuban American whose a Democrat. Like Cuban Americans, Vietnamese adn Korean Americans and some Chinese Americans are very consistenly Republican with most religion and family history contributing to this. Also most Asian Americans work hard for what we have and do not rely on welfare and very few of us are here illegally and oppose illegal immigration so the Democrats and liberals policies do not resonate with us much.

Oh yes and during the days of Rodney King when many Asian Americans' homes and businesses were threatened, it was the 2nd amendment that protected them not the government. Certainly not the government of the draft doging coward Bill Clinton who was too busy committing adultery and screwing his female interns.

i do not believe your any kinda of asian and why lump all asians in the same cup, your not all the same

Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
I assume that asians are as varied in their political beliefs as every other race.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:45 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,121 times
All of my Asian friends family (Korean and Japanese) are democratic.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:40 PM

277 posts, read 166,747 times
Could the OP be more hypocritical? You start a thread denouncing anyone who groups all asians together as democrats & cry that you don't want to be judged based on your ethnicity. Then you turn around & do the very same thing you're upset about by making judgments of others in each post following. Amazing.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Africanboy I was hoping more African Americans would have been more individualistic vs turning out in droves to vote Obama into office just because he has the same skin color as them. I wonder how many of these black voters actually understand much about Obama except that he is black or that he went to a black church whose pastors said that we deserved 9-11.
"Africanboy I was hoping more African Americans would have been more individualistic vs turning out in droves to vote Obama into office just because he has the same skin color as them."

Since when is this YOUR business? SMH...why would you hope that? Why do you care about who we vote for?

Look, if you're a Republican then bully for you. Most Asians are Democrats. If you have a problem with that, take it up with THOSE Asians who voted for Obama. Frankly, who cares? Why not just worry about your own vote instead of obsessing over who blacks and other Asians vote for?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
It depends. Japanese Americans I would say tend to be liberal due to that most of them are Buddhists. Korean Americans are a lot more conservative though because a good number of them are Christian.
So are most Filipino's.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:58 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Having worked with many Filipinos I can tell you for sure that they are generally more conservative as a group. There is a small group that is extremely liberal as well but I would estimate less that 20%. As a whole, I think that they also have strong religious and family values.
Very true statement about Pinoys.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
I'm Asian and I hate labeling myself as a Liberal or Conservative because it's tough. There are some areas that I am more liberal and some that I am more conservative. When I vote I think long and hard about the candidates because I don't want my bias to cloud my judgment about the candidates. This includes the issues such as where they stand when it comes to same-sex marriage and abortion. I posted a couple of times that I did voted two democrats over the past year (MN governor and President). Why? I strongly believe that every issue is important, but the community do come first. I know that I would like to decrease the numbers of abortion and am against same-sex marriage, but I am mostly reminded of Jesus and the people that he impacted. I am a Christian, so therefore, I must be conservative. I can be, but like I said, it depends on the issue. I will say that my faith do impact my vote, so I don't take my vote lightly. I don't just vote for the Republicans because that's what conservative people do. I don't just vote for the Liberals because I am for abortion or same-sex marriage. I don't swing those ways when it comes to my vote and decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies