Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?
Yes 21 10.00%
No 189 90.00%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Keep an empty chamber under the trigger so you don't accidentally shoot your toe (or so other appendage...) off.

da revolver not sa, no need to do that.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
Quote:
Keep an empty chamber under the trigger so you don't accidentally shoot your toe (or so other appendage...) off.
That is not recommended since you have a limited capacity of 5 or 6 rounds. Now you are down to 4 or 5 rounds. This was discussed in my recent handgun training class with a S.W.A.T. team leader / NRA certified / FBI certified instructor.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Everybody's got a pistol,

Everybody's got a .45,

And the philosophy seems to be,

Least near as I can see,

When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.

Gil Scott-Heron

Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
This is definitely a hot topic. But banning guns is this the answer. Carreer Criminals and Convicts will still be able to get guns. Is it the guns, or the gun in the person of a sick mind. Banning guns will not stop those who are sick or mentally ill, or deranged from no killing. Any weapon in the wrong hands, to those who are sick, menal, or deranged, or just plain nuts, is a mistake waiting to happen.

Ban guns, i guarantee there will still be ways to get these guns.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
People who cannot carry a firearm safely with a round in the chamber are inept and do not practice firearms safety with any consistency. If this is what you do, carry on an empty chamber because you cannot trust yourself not to have a negligent discharge, please sell your guns.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
MO gal, Once with a single action wheel gun, with no modern desing about it, it was common to roll up a 10 dollar bill and stick it in a cylinder. At that time the 10 dollar bill and yer boots would get you a pine box and a hole in the ground.

I still load one and skip one, to load 4 with my cap and ball six guns. The last thing I want is the hammer in a notch, or worse on a cap with a load under it. Anything that contacts that hammer will indeed fore that charge.

But only a wacko nut case would use a Civil War replica, repro, or the real thing for SD today.

There are still older single Actions that do not have a transfer bar. Ruger are still out there that don't and to a collector are worth more if they don't. I have one, a Bear Cat, pre 'Bible' that I hope never is sent into Ruger for that fix. It would be folly to load all 6 in that little 22, and holster it. The hammer would rest on a pin retained in the frame in direct contact with the 22 primed rim.

Once again only a wacko nut case would use such a gun in SD, so none of this is anything buy a tail, and almost pointless drivel, but I thought maybe you might like to know in the off chance you don't.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times
Only idiots surrender their right to protect themselves.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Everybody's got a pistol,

Everybody's got a .45,

And the philosophy seems to be,

Least near as I can see,

When other folks give up theirs, I'll give up mine.

Gil Scott-Heron

you carry a pistol to get you to your militarylookalikerifle that you should have had on you in the 1st place.

but pistols are good for ccw, when carrying a rifle is just not prudent.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
People who cannot carry a firearm safely with a round in the chamber are inept and do not practice firearms safety with any consistency. If this is what you do, carry on an empty chamber because you cannot trust yourself not to have a negligent discharge, please sell your guns.
Well it's probably a good idea if they run around half cocked.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
After yesterday's tragedy one of the first things that came to mind after listening to the news and thinking of what solution they may come up with in order to prevent this from happening again I thought we may lose the right to own a gun. Why? Because this is huge and when every political leader is recieving a threat it's highly likely this will happen. What's your opinion and thoughts on this solution. Personally, I believe that there is a root problem that causes all these other problems but the cure may not be an option for our nation (has everything to do with kicking God out of our nation and the majority has lost all morals). But that's a whole nother discussion and this isn't the proper place in the forum to discuss it. But what do you think? Are we going to lose the right to own a gun?
political leaders have been receiving threats since this country was started.like one political leader said if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. you are right about God. morals are going down the drain. the liberal media are stirring up a frenzy,I SAW Katie Couric do her show about the congresswoman ,but was mostly about how the gun was obtain by the shooter. talk about not letting a good tragedy go to waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies