Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A vet with PTSD was recently charged in Topeka with doing just that (stalking). The "church members" have police protection.
Wow, well I guess it's the police's job to protect everyone-including whackos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Their kids are TAUGHT to hate. Taught to hate anything and everything that doesn't match with their beliefs. Not only that, but taught that it's not only 'okay' to hate, but that it's what they should do. These people disgust me.
That is so disgusting. I have seen youtube videos where the kids are standing with them holding up homophobic signs. So awful. These people are just so sick. They make my stomach turn.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There is nothing in the Constitution or Bill of Rights that says people should be able to protest at a funeral. Make a law that does not allow protestors to come within one mile of a funeral, they still have their right to spew their hatred and the family has the right to not be assaulted during their time of grief. If something such as that not done, WBC will eventually meet up with a family member that has had enough and that will be that. God will Not be happy with these spawns of hell when their day of judgement comes.
Casper
Nor is there anything that says that they can't. I don't like and surely don't support it but as of today, it is their right. If the family wants to intervene, then the WBC will suffer the consequences.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Westboro Baptist Church Celebrates AZ Shootings - Plans To Picket The Funerals"

There's probably more Americans celebrating this event, but they just don't make their glee public.
Be honest. Would you cheer if it had been Palin instead of Giffords?

I'd be curious to see how many dems secretly wish it was.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post

Only the mentally ill or the evil would rejoice in such a horrendous event. I am a liberal who voted for Jimmy Carter but when President Reagan was shot I fell to my knees and prayed and prayed for his recovery.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Only the mentally ill or the evil would rejoice in such a horrendous event. I am a liberal who voted for Jimmy Carter but when President Reagan was shot I fell to my knees and prayed and prayed for his recovery.
I don't know you--that was possibly a little harsh. I am sorry if it sounded accusatory. I don't mean to put that on you personally.

Having said that, I do wonder how many libs wish it was Palin instead. I also think it a tragic situation--and I read with amazement the story of Giffords' 20 year old intern that likely saved her life by taking charge and putting pressure on her wound, then holding her until paramedics got to them.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Good for him. There are always heros out there.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
The folks over at Westboro don't give a rats ass about those in Tucson or any of the other deceased peoples funerals they protest at. They are simply in it for the publicity and use such events to further their "cause".

Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:

Well, I don't consider myself a Democrat, though I will admit I vote for Democrats more than Republicans. But I will state that, as much as I detest Palin, no, I would not be 'cheering' had this been her instead of Giffords. Violence like this is always wrong, no matter who does it or who the victim is.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You and I both!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,407,878 times
Quote:

Same here. I'd be shocked and saddened if Sarah Palin was ever shot. She's a good woman who I just happen to disagree with on some points. Yes, I'm a Democrat, but I wouldn't even wish death on my worst enemies, much less on someone I admire like Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies