Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Is it about time this hate group lost its right to free speech?

Are they right? Are we, as a Christian nation, failing to serve God's will?

From their press releases:

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...g-the-Dots.pdf

"God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He’s sitting in Heaven laughing at you! Your federal judge is dead and your (f*g-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all. Your doom is upon you! Praise His Name! THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!"

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...Dots-Day-2.pdf

"The 9-year-old girl was born 9/11/01. That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands!"

Old 01-09-2011, 01:09 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
We can expect more bullets to fly with this church celebrating the shooting....

Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Please don't confuse this "church" with Christianity. These people are no more "Christians" than Hitler was a Jew!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Are they right? Are we, as a Christian nation, failing to serve God's will?

From their press releases:

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...g-the-Dots.pdf

"God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He’s sitting in Heaven laughing at you! Your federal judge is dead and your (f*g-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all. Your doom is upon you! Praise His Name! THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!"

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110...Dots-Day-2.pdf

"The 9-year-old girl was born 9/11/01. That child was not innocent. This is a nation of depraved perverts who pass their children through the fire of their rage against God & all-consuming lust. From the womb, she was taught to hate God & mock His servants. That child is better off dead, so the cup of her iniquity will not overflow! The blood of the 9-year-old is on Rep. Giffords’ hands!"
From this Christian's perspective, these people couldn't be further from Christianity if they tried! Christ commands us to love one another, love even our enemies and leave such judgment up to God. WBC does not know their Bible if they think the crap they spew is anywhere near Christian behavior.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Absolutely not. They may be a bunch of wackos, but I will strongly defend their right to express their opinions as long as they don't commit any violent acts.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Please don't confuse this "church" with Christianity. These people are no more "Christians" than Hitler was a Jew!
Oh but they are Christians. Just like Osama Bin Laden is a Muslim.

But their religious beliefs have little to do with their insanity. Its just an excuse they use to rationalize their beliefs in the face of their own stupidity.

I urge all Christian groups and christians to strongly oppose this asinine event at publicity of a obviously disturbed group. Thats what many Muslims do when their radicals get stupid, Christians should show them just how Muslims should react when hate groups use your religion as a rallying cry for insanity.

I'm for their free speech, but this crap is getting ridiculous.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:23 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely not. They may be a bunch of wackos, but I will strongly defend their right to express their opinions as long as they don't commit any violent acts.
I don't care anymore if these Westboro Baptist whack-a-doos don't actully commit violence themseleves, but it's about time we as a people unite do and make sure something is done about this group... And I suggest either a beatdown from the Hell's Angels or maybe a Mafia-style disappearance from the face of the Earth.

I don't know how anyone could be so stupid, worthless, and callous as these Westboro Baptist clowns....

Old 01-09-2011, 01:27 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't care anymore if these Westboro Baptists whack-a-doos don't actully commit violence themseleves, but it's about time we as a people unite do and make sure something is done about this group... And I suggest either a beatdown from the Hell's Angels or maybe a Mafia-style disappearance from the face of the Earth.

I don't know how anyone could be so stupid, worthless, and callous as these Westboro Baptist clowns....
I'm for that!

Really this is very ridiculous I'm for freedom of speech this is just out of hand!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't care anymore if these Westboro Baptist whack-a-doos don't actully commit violence themseleves, but it's about time we as a people unite do and make sure something is done about this group... And I suggest either a beatdown from the Hell's Angels or maybe a Mafia-style disappearance from the face of the Earth.

I got to question why this would be a good thing to anyone. I try and find a silver lining in everything, but I see no lesson learned from this terrible thing that couldn't have been learned without it.

If I believed in an active role God as some people do, I'd have to question as to why a 9 year old girl who was born on 9/11 had to die for any reason. I just don't get it. Can't we lock insane people up in jail when they show signs of being disturbed. These folks are obviously out of their ****ing minds, profanity used on purpose.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:31 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anunidentifiedmale View Post
absolutely not. They may be a bunch of wackos, but i will strongly defend their right to express their opinions as long as they don't commit any violent acts.
i

Last edited by James420; 01-09-2011 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: fix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies