Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:52 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

You know, I'd completely accept the argument that comments like this aren't representative of the tea party if the leadership from all the groups immediately condemned that kind of behavior, but guess what--they don't. You can try to spin this stuff any way you want, but at the end of the day, if you don't condemn it, you might as well be supporting it. Turning around and trying to attack someone for raising the issue or concerns is the biggest lack of character I can imagine. Give me a break.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
and when olberpuppy was calling for the hanging (killing) of the president (bush), that was OK??????

Old 01-10-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist2012 View Post
Democrat Lyndon LaRouche weighs in on shooting and leftmedia attacks on Sarah Palin

[CENTER][/CENTER]

LaRouche: To Blame Sarah Palin for the Shooting of Rep. Giffords is a Crime

Lyndon LaRouche said today that the version of the story about the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona on Saturday presented thus far is not believable. On the one hand, it is clear that the perpetrator who was apprehended is a nutty kid. On the other hand, the targeting of Sarah Palin is a tip off that the story is a fake and that someone is using the kid who carried out the shooting.
There is a widespread effort on the part of the press to attempt to make a hero out of a woman, Rep. Giffords, who had the wrong policy on health care. An attempt is being made to use the case to attack Sarah Palin, who had targeted Giffords and 19 other Congressmen for defeat in the last election because of their vote for Obama's Nazi health bill.
LaRouche said that this is a tip off that something is phony in the story being put forward now by people who support the Obama T-4 policy. Giffords was on the wrong side morally. The kid who shot her and others is clearly a nut, a psychotic. But his action is now being used to attack Sarah Palin, who did nothing wrong in targeting supporters, including Giffords, of the Obama health bill for defeat in the last election.
LaRouche said that anyone who attacks Sarah Palin is implicitly pro-Hitler.
He emphasized that the following distinction needs to be made. First, there has to be a further investigation of what happened. This includes the question as to whether the gunman acted alone or whether the other individual caught on surveillance tapes played some role in the events.
And second, the press build up of the attack on Sarah Palin is a tipoff that something is phony, that the attack is being used to promote something else.
The attack itself is a criminal atrocity. Then you have what the press is doing as an official line. LaRouche said that what the press is doing in attacking Sarah Palin is as bad a crime as the crime itself. It is criminal to try to put blame on people who are anti-genocide. The events in Arizona were not caused by people who attacked a pro-genocide policy. The actions of a nut case are being used to build up a witchhunt against people who correctly oppose the murderous, genocide policy epitomized by the Obama T-4 policy.
In effect there are two crimes. First the crime against the Congresswoman and second the crime against Sarah Palin.
LaRouche said it is a toss up as to which is a worse crime. Somebody is trying to use a crime as an after the fact justification for a pro-genocide line. The attack on Sarah Palin is the fraud. The Congresswoman's support for Obama's health policy was wrong.

Lyndon LaRouche is a nut, and his political positions are pretty much the opposite of mainstream politics on most issues. He might run for office as a democrat (over and over and over--it's a free country and no one can stop him from putting his name in the hat) but he's never once even won a primary. Here's the difference --the R's had nuts win their primaries in the last election, and supported them as candidates in the general. LaRouche couldn't win a primary for rodent control officer in dog patch Arkansas. The dem's have condemned his actions every time he rears his ugly head--they've REFUSED TO SEAT the tiny number of delegates he's won in any election he's been a candidate in. He is NOT part of the democratic party.

Last edited by mb1547; 01-10-2011 at 06:09 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't remember one person so stating.
you mean like:

air america's host Randi Rhodes in May 04 suggested that President Bush be assassinated the way Fredo Corleone was assassinated in The Godfather, Part II.

or air america's Rhodes doing it again, bringing up the kill-Bush idea in a skit aired in May 05.

air america's Al Franken (now a senator) joked about helping alqueada kill bush in 2004

Olbermann said ..... Let's hang Bush and Chenney in the public square

maddow, "someone assasinate Bush now, please"

Old 01-10-2011, 06:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
I guess this is forgotten......

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?

Get off your high horses lefties.

After all, it was the left wing nut jobs of the 60's who started the violent vitriol.

Wasn't it a commie who killed JFK?

Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I guess this is forgotten......

CHRIS MATTHEWS: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?
Get off your high horses lefties.
After all, it was the left wing nut jobs of the 60's who started the violent vitriol.
Wasn't it a commie who killed JFK?
Bravo! Well said. And isnt it a high horse they ride with so much nerve and no shame. . .

Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Bravo! Well said. And isnt it a high horse they ride with so much nerve and no shame. . .
Yea, but when the left does this, it has no consequences.

It's Freedom of Speech.

Look, I will fight for the right of people to exercise their freedom of speech, whether from the left or the right.

Crazy people do crazy things.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you mean like:

air america's host Randi Rhodes in May 04 suggested that President Bush be assassinated the way Fredo Corleone was assassinated in The Godfather, Part II.

or air america's Rhodes doing it again, bringing up the kill-Bush idea in a skit aired in May 05.

air america's Al Franken (now a senator) joked about helping alqueada kill bush in 2004

Olbermann said ..... Let's hang Bush and Chenney in the public square

maddow, "someone assasinate Bush now, please"
Those are media personalities, and I'm not a fan of any of them. Was it right? Absolutely not. But here's the huge difference that you're deftly avoiding--name one elected official who's campaigned with violent rhetoric against the tea party or the republicans. The point you're missing (or you get it, and this is more of a game to you than real life) is that when you run or are elected to a higher office, you're supposed to be a statesman. You're supposed to be a leader and a grown up. You DO set the tone of the debate, and an example for the people you represent. This kind of nastiness and just...vulgar, mean, coarse behavior, is why my family wound up leaving the republican party--that and the way they've moved off the end of the earth on kookiness. Now it's turned dangerous because one side will say anything to try to win--appeal to the lowest common denominator for a vote. The worst part? They're taking zero responsibility for their actions. That isn't a leader.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 AM

The part that amazes me? I'm not all that surprised that this woman said what she said about Keith Olbermann. There are lots of nuts in the world, and people say dumb things. What floors me is that in light of the tragedy that just happened, and how callous her remarks were in that context, NO ONE from the tea party is stepping up to say this type of behavior is wrong, and they're trying to turn the whole thing around to blame someone else. If my kids do that, they're in a world of trouble. You want to run the country? Then show a little more character than my 12 year olds. This debate is scary and sick.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
The left and left-wng media has done nothing but campaign with violent rhetoric against the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies