Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Sarah Palin is a private citizen.
Who is influencing awhole lot of simple minded people thru her books, tweets, Fb page, and rhetoric.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Who is influencing awhole lot of simple minded people thru her books, tweets, Fb page, and rhetoric.
She is influencing awhole (a whole) lot of simple minded people thru (through) her books. . . you think?

She is also influencing a lot of highly intelligent and educated people as well. Just to be fair. Maybe you should look into the income and education of some of her supporters?

But this thread isn't about Sarah. There are many other threads dedicated to her if you enjoy bashing and the like. . .

Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 AM

657 posts, read 697,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Hmm. "They should be silenced." you call for. Is that far from "someone should stop him (Olbermann)? It doesn't surprise me.
What I meant is, they should not be given any attention by the media for all they do is incite hatred and make the US look like a breeding ground for rednecks. Most Americans are decent people, however the tea party really adds to the already damaged reputation of the US.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
While I'm not a particular fan of Olbermann's, it does not surprise me the supporters of the tea party would call for that. The tea party movement is a disgrace for America, it is people like them that make the rest of the world think of Americans as crazy. They should be silenced
In the 2 days you've been posting on the board you've endlessly called for us to give up our Second Amendment rights. Now you're calling for an end to political discourse.

Why is someone from Denmark so vociferous in demanding we give up our freedoms?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM

657 posts, read 697,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
In the 2 days you've been posting on the board you've endlessly called for us to give up our Second Amendment rights. Now you're calling for an end to political discourse.

Why is someone from Denmark so vociferous in demanding we give up our freedoms?
comparing obama to adolf hitler or osama bin laden, or calling for the assassination of keith olbermann is not political discourse. it is hate speech.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
What I meant is, they should not be given any attention by the media for all they do is incite hatred and make the US look like a breeding ground for rednecks. Most Americans are decent people, however the tea party really adds to the already damaged reputation of the US.
Damaged in who's mind? Denmarks?.

I think the good ole U.S.A has a pretty good reputation historically thank you very much though!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:54 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
comparing obama to adolf hitler or osama bin laden, or calling for the assassination of keith olbermann is not political discourse. it is hate speech.
These are not TEA Party platforms. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
A decent person wouldnt call someone a ' redneck" in an insulting manner as if that redneck is not less then you

I really dont get that insulting others simply because they dont agree with you politically. It shows the actual character of the person doing the insulting. That they have no respect for others unless they agree with them. Which isnt something in my opinion to be proud of.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Was it hate speech when the left called Bush all of those names?

Point being at some point and time this BS has got to stop. We have got to become adults and put treating each other with respect before trying to score points for a political party

This tea party person has never called Obama any of those names just so you know before you label entire groups for the actions of maybe 1. I dont know anyone that attends the tea party here that calls Obama any of those names

Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Well, I will hope that Keith stays safe. He is one of my faves and tells it like it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies