Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times

Advertisements

This is ridiculous, these tea party loons are absolutely out of control.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
we would also go back socially and economically to that of 1776...if we stuck to the constitution as originally written of course...
This is the ignorance I can't have a lot of respect for...
While such a statement by ron paul sounds great.. the ramifications of the reality are MUCH different..
It only seems ignorant to you because maybe you think the only answer for every problem is involvement by the federal government. Are there no state governments, which make laws to govern or to look out for the welfare of the citizens residing in their state?

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
comparing obama to adolf hitler or osama bin laden, or calling for the assassination of keith olbermann is not political discourse. it is hate speech.
I agree. And Keith Olbermann, even though his entire being is full of anger, bitterness, mean-spiritedness, hate, and vitriol should not have this happen, if it is true.

Because freedom of speech is protected in our country. He is a horrible bitter man but he should still be allowed to spout his hate if he chooses (within limits). But giving him a public platform to make a fool of himself is beyond me.

I think Keith incites people and just keeps the hate fires flaming.

Most people vote with their remotes and have long ago tuned him out. Even though I can't stand the man, I am almost embarrassed for him and feel sorry for him that he is so caught up in his hate of all things and all people conservative.

As far as comparing Obama to Hitler it was done ad naseum to Bush. Were you as disgusted about that, and/or did you speak out against that?

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Tea party supporter calls for the killing of Keith Olbermann.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
More of the same from the RW..

Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”

Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick. (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/06/obama-opens-can-its-hope-kicka-time/ - broken link)“
Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/10/thug-in-chief-if-republicans-win-therell-be-hand-to-hand-combat/ - broken link)”
Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/10/thug-in-chief-its-time-to-fight-for-it-video/ - broken link).”
Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/10/thug-in-chief-to-leftist-latinos-punish-your-enemies/ - broken link) your enemies.”
Obama to democrats: “I’m itching (http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/thug-in-chief-obama-im-itching-for-a-fight/ - broken link) for a fight.”

Last edited by Willsson; 01-10-2011 at 08:15 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
How dare Olbermann apologize for his contribution to the Hate rage! It makes the others that refuse to own up, look bad.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This sounds like a Lefty posing again as a Tea Party member - we know they did this during the election campaign.
See, here we go again ... there is no accountability on the right. Oh noooooo, it can't be one of ours .. it's an undercover lefty ... ooooo, they're so crafty.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
How dare Olbermann apologize for his contribution to the Hate rage! It makes the others that refuse to own up, look bad.
Wait! Did I miss something?
Did Keith Olbermann apologize for all his ugly hating? Please provide a link because this I have to see considering he is the poster child for all things ugly and bitter.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
comparing obama to adolf hitler or osama bin laden, or calling for the assassination of keith olbermann is not political discourse. it is hate speech.
Comparing Obama to Adolf Hitler or Osama bin Laden shows a very sophmoric view of the world and a lack of education. But Hate Speech? If so, then countless people on the left are guily of it as well. However, I do not buy into the notion of hate speech. Let someone face the reactions of his or her views in the arena of public opinion. That is democracy.

Calling for the assassination of nearly anyone is pretty repugnant. However, unless this jerk is ordering or paying someone to do it, I do not know if you have much more than someone with a reprehensible taste for vile political theater.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Wait! Did I miss something?
Did Keith Olbermann apologize for all his ugly hating? Please provide a link because this I have to see considering he is the poster child for all things ugly and bitter.
Apparently.

Keith Olbermann Issues Special Comment On Arizona Shooting: 'Violence Has No Place In Democracy'

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You do realize that fellow C-D posters have made statements wishing violent deaths of RW talk show hosts...?
one in particular has repeatedly referred to glenn beck as 'anti-christ,' and has expressed his wishes to burn his eyes out with a red-hot poker before killing him by ripping out his throat.

that particular poster has been absent lately; i wonder if he may have received his very own visit from the fibbies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies