Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
He was thinking about mind control by the government, and creating his own currency, etc.
I don't think you can characterize such thinking as non-political.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I don't think you can characterize such thinking as non-political.
I've worked around mentally ill people before, and there's often a government mind control theory going on.

And you should see what he means by creating a new currency. He doesn't mean the dollar should get on the gold standard. He means he himself is going to create a new currency, based on "grammar" or dreams or something.

His thinking is disorganized, like a schizophrenic. He's not thinking like a wacko Tim Mcveigh type character.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:10 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
His writings which are more like ramblings sure point to insanity.Except for the fact he mentions district 8 which is Gifffords district. So he has some grasp on reality and had to know she was at that store. So I don't think he is totally nuts or totally apolitical either!!

Old 01-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I've worked around mentally ill people before, and there's often a government mind control theory going on.

And you should see what he means by creating a new currency. He doesn't mean the dollar should get on the gold standard. He means he himself is going to create a new currency, based on "grammar" or dreams or something.

His thinking is disorganized, like a schizophrenic. He's not thinking like a wacko Tim Mcveigh type character.
Well, that's possible. His YouTube message to the world doesn't seem terribly focused. But hell, even Tim McVeigh wasn't really politically or logically consistent. He just knew something was wrong and dammit, someone had better pay for it.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

"In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims."

I suppose I might be a bit overly skeptical, sounds a bit like crocodile tears to me. Why do I suspect that the only reason Palin would be sorry about anything would be if she were caught.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post

"In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims."

I suppose I might be a bit overly skeptical, sounds a bit like crocodile tears to me. Why do I suspect that the only reason Palin would be sorry about anything would be if she were caught.
What stood out to me is that I think it's the only time I've seen Palin issue a statement without being snarky, sarcastic, or mean-spirited. She knows that she looks bad in all of this, so she's trying to make it look like she's a mature adult and sincerely concerned. I wonder how long it will last.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:18 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:

She jumped into immediate damage control, and removed that map from her website within hours of the shooting... sounds like guilt to me, whether or not she deserves to feel guilty. FWIW, I highly doubt she intended to get anyone killed - I may not like the woman, but I've never taken her for an advocate of violence against humans (animals are a different story).

Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I don't think so. Sarah Palin is not my favorite human being, but she is a human being. I would be saddened if a Republican congressperson were gunned down for no good reason--so I have no reason to doubt that Mrs. Palin feels the same way.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maureensacks View Post
Is the politics of hate climate underlying cause of todays tragedy or is it an isolated incident?? What do you think??
Yes

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And neither does the Palin map....but THAT is different to those on the left....
Fact: She released a map with crosshair targets, and the word "RELOAD" to take back our country, and one of the targeted officials was shot today. If you don't at least see the irony in these facts, I think you are being intentionally obtuse.

Again, that doesn't mean I took her map & words literally, nor do I think she condones violence... but if somebody from the Democrat's map had been shot instead, I'd be saying the same exact thing. It's ironic, sad, and COULD be an indication of political violence erupting in this country - and I'm afraid this isn't the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies