Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

Advertisements

I voiced my thoughts on her Facebook page,and I am now blocked from there.
So much for free speech.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think this is a pot smoking college drop out loser who was out of his mind. He met her before the way John Lennon's killer met him before that murder.
Familiarity makes many targets, more often in burglaries though.
I think he decided to try and kill the famous person he met before.
Why kill all those people in the crowd? He didn't know which ones agreed with her or him in politics.

He was frootloops and that was all.
Yes and according to acquaintances, this killer was liberal and acted strange. One of his favorite books was the Communist Manifesto.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post

Luckily it wasn't an illegal who did the shooting
Or what?

It is exactly that kind of statement that I think folks
are talking about, that creates a climate.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureensacks View Post
"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," said the sheriff. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."
When asked by a reporter if Giffords being shot could have been motivated by "prejudice and bigotry," Dupnik responded, "All I can tell you is that there's reason to believe is that this individual may have a mental issue. And I think that people who are unbalanced are especially susceptible to vitriol."
While speaking, the sheriff said that himself it included, "it's not unusual for all public officials to get threats." However, he said the sentiment doesn't come without consequences.
"And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America," he explained. "Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office."
When we fill our air waves with assumptions about others,
not based on fact, and you have TV cable stations
that cater to the "I want a reason to be mad
crowd" you are going to get folks like this, it's a given.
Doesn't matter if it's left or right.

What has to change in this country, is this mentality of unaccountability.

We don't have journalism anymore. We have sensationalism.

Sad state of affairs, every which way I look. Folks have
to start thinking before they speak.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 AM

615 posts, read 1,374,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The sheriff says Arizona has become "the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

We all know who he's talking about...

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik: Arizona 'Mecca For Prejudice & Bigotry'
The states that can be considered "the mecca for prejudice and bigotry" are liberal states like California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, etc. I have a family member who lives in Connecticut, a very liberal state full of racists and bigots, and she is extremely prejudiced and bigoted.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:00 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes and according to acquaintances, this killer was liberal and acted strange. One of his favorite books was the Communist Manifesto.
This guy was more like a Hitler or Stalin. Meaning some call those two far left or right. IMO they were just murdering tyrants. I put this guy in the same kind of classification.

He was such a mental mess he had no real normal thought patterns going there and I doubt he had anything close to any reasoning for his so called political beliefs.
Well at least he will have lots of sex in prison before he is found guilty and is executed.
More than likely he will not live to see his execution IMO.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
The states that can be considered "the mecca for prejudice and bigotry" are liberal states like California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, etc. I have a family member who lives in Connecticut, a very liberal state full of racists and bigots, and she is extremely prejudiced and bigoted.
I am not even going there.

You know the South (red states) have the highest murder rates in the country? why?

GUNS
RACISM
BIGGOTRY

California and other liberal states are very open to new races and cultures. Yes there are racisits in them but what state doesn't have racists?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It is EXACTLY THAT KIND OF CRAP THAT IS CRAP - don't know any other way to say it.

He also read Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Brave New World, Old Man and the Sea, etc.

His list of books read were no different than most kids read
in school.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
I am not even going there.

You know the South (red states) have the highest murder rates in the country? why?

GUNS
RACISM
BIGGOTRY

California and other liberal states are very open to new races and cultures. Yes there are racisits in them but what state doesn't have racists?
California - #1 in homicide
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 06:12 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It is EXACTLY THAT KIND OF CRAP THAT IS CRAP - don't know any other way to say it.

He also read Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Brave New World, Old Man and the Sea, etc.

His list of books read were no different than most kids read
in school.
The funny thing is - the liberals here were very eager to try to exploit this and blame conservatives in some way, they so much wanted this to be about that - but when it became obvious that the guy didn't believe in God, was actually liberal and used marijuana, they claim his liberal leanings didn't have anything to do with it. At least people should be consistent.

If it turned out he was conservative, then schizophrenia would have had nothing to do with his actions, but since it turned out he was liberal, then schizophrenia is the cause?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
California - #1 in homicide

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is against the tos

nice try, but that was 2005!!!!!

It's hilarious when right wingers try to bash liberals by using websites and articles that are out of date!

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies