Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:25 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times

Advertisements

POLITICO... attempting to seize a crisis

Violence and politics merge

Quote:
One veteran Democratic operative, who blames overheated rhetoric for the shooting, said President Barack Obama should carefully but forcefully do what his predecessor did.

Quote:
“They need to deftly pin this on the tea partiers,” said the Democrat. “Just like the Clinton White House deftly pinned the Oklahoma City bombing on the militia and anti-government people.”

Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
From the link...

The other option is to simply remain in the private sector where she can continue to issue the envelope-pushing jeremiads and employ the overheated rhetoric that appeals to her loyal base, sells her books, draws TV viewers and makes her irresistible to a sound byte-hungry media.

Many are all in a tizzy that Palin is being pointed at as a catalyst to the tragedy. No, I do not believe that this lunatic shooter was directly spurred on by Palin's brand of rhetorical blather, but I do believe that it shines a light upon what needs to be exposed. Palin's divisive rhetoric and platitudes of propaganda can easily incite another nutjob to do something just as serious.

Pitbull, Mama Grizzly, Don't Retreat! Reload, Crosshairs Map, are all examples of the type of pseudo tough a$$ BS talk that has placed Palin in the limelight she finds herself in after this tragedy. Maybe if she would have handled herself with dignity and voiced real ideas instead of her rhetoric, she would not be in this awkward position today. It has come back to bite her on the butt amd deservedly so!
Well, that's why the movie The Dead Zone popped into my head today. If any of you saw it or have seen it, you'll know why.

I do believe she is finished politically, as was Martin Sheen in the movie.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I view Palin has even stronger support, in her view of the nation and the direction in which we need to take, to get back on track.

The spin of a tragedy, fits right in with the Progressive rule, of never letting a crisis go to waste.
What direction is that???? We've been waiting for over two years for anything resembling an idea to come from the Paris Hilton of Politics.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
It is sad that we will not likely see her on the ballot in 2012. It would have helped to get the Dems back to the House, so we could continue to move forward.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Being ready, is the opposite of being aggressive.

When the sh't hits the fan, from the aggressive, those ready will be able to defend.
Sarah speaks to the defenders, not the aggressors that act for violence outright, without shame.

The aggression is in the crosshairs.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The Pig will decide based on which course makes her the most money. period.
I disagree. This thing is going to haunt her forever. And if Gabby doesn't pull through (they say she is not out of the woods yet and this morning I heard they are talking in terms of years of recovery) it is only going to get worse. IOW, I don't think she has that option (the political route) anymore.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Does anyone (is anyone old enough?) to remember that line when Christopher Walken gets shot in The Dead Zone and is grabbed by Martin Sheen and Walken says "you're finished."?

Tragedy marks turning point for Palin - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
Not so fast:

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"-Mark Twain

Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,094 times
Even though she still will have some fantatical admirers, I think the controversy swirling around her will hasten her decline in influence. Forget her running for President.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is sad that we will not likely see her on the ballot in 2012. It would have helped to get the Dems back to the House, so we could continue to move forward.
Yunno, I agree with you.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, that's why the movie The Dead Zone popped into my head today. If any of you saw it or have seen it, you'll know why.

I do believe she is finished politically, as was Martin Sheen in the movie.
I have seen it and I remember that ending. I tend to be reminded of "A Face in The Crowd" when I think of Palin's undeserved rise to notoriety and accumulation of wealth via nonsense and the stupidity of others. If you have not seen that film, you most defintely should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies