Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

It appears to me that the problem the leftists are having with Palin is,she got the right wing energised and involved more.

So basically this isn't about how she did it but that she did it at all.

Leftists only win when the people are apathetic and uninvolved.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No, Palin connected herself with her really stupid and idiotic tough Alaskan Pitbull, big game hunter I can hang out with Grizzly Bears metaphors.

This sick shooter did not need Palin to do what he did, but Palin has shown extreme insensitivity since she appeared on the political scene. Her rallies during the Presidential campaign were directed towards getting people riled up and angry. She displayed zero awareness in the fact that words can have consequences. In fact, when her kid put up that "gay" thing on her Facebook page, I was stunned that Mama Grizzly Palin did not apologize on behalf of her kid since it was in the wake of a gay college student committing suicide.

She has no empathy and never accepts responsibility for anything, but when someone, heaven forbid, uses words against her, she has a tantrum and holds her breath like a four year old spoiled brat. Since no one that is close to her has stuffed a sock in her pie hole yet, her Karma is doing it for them.
You hit the nail on the head with Palin. Kudos!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:44 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No, Palin connected herself with her really stupid and idiotic tough Alaskan Pitbull, big game hunter I can hang out with Grizzly Bears metaphors.

This sick shooter did not need Palin to do what he did, but Palin has shown extreme insensitivity since she appeared on the political scene. Her rallies during the Presidential campaign were directed towards getting people riled up and angry. She displayed zero awareness in the fact that words can have consequences. In fact, when her kid put up that "gay" thing on her Facebook page, I was stunned that Mama Grizzly Palin did not apologize on behalf of her kid since it was in the wake of a gay college student committing suicide.

She has no empathy and never accepts responsibility for anything, but when someone, heaven forbid, uses words against her, she has a tantrum and holds her breath like a four year old spoiled brat. Since no one that is close to her has stuffed a sock in her pie hole yet, her Karma is doing it for them.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Those people writing "death threats" to Sarah Palin are wrong and most be missing a few screws.

I personally don't like her but I would never wish anyone dead. I think she was incredibly stupid for writing the "don't retreat... and having the map up there.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
here's an explanation of / apology for that remark by the author -who, surprise surprise, is clearly a leftist

Quote:
icannotshant 306 points307 points308 points 1 day ago* [-]

I am Tina King. I want to apologize for what was apparently an ill fated attempt at satire. I posted a comment that was meant to been seen as a brutal commentary on the violent rhetoric that has become a staple of the political discourse is this country.

icannotshant comments on Palin's Facebook page moderators work overtime removing comments critical of her, but leave one celebrating the murder of a nine year old alone
no matter, whoomie will find some other drivel to shriek about.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It appears to me that the problem the leftists are having with Palin is,she got the right wing energised and involved more.

So basically this isn't about how she did it but that she did it at all.

Leftists only win when the people are apathetic and uninvolved.
Understanding Palin to be a political ***** who dumbs down every political debate she taints with her presence, who appeals to the lowest, basest common intellectual denominator in the country, who promotes partisanship and bloviating rhetoric to the mindless lemmings that think she's worth paying any serious attention to, doesn't make one a Leftist.

She's energizing RWNJ's alright. Outside of that, what is she good for?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
A request: Could you please stopping bolding all your posts? Thanks. We hear you loud and clear.
A. you have no defense as made obvious by the above post.

B. YOU don't make the rules.

C. I do not bold all my posts, so as usual, you are wrong and I can prove it.

D. "We"? Speak only for yourself.

E. If you can HEAR bolding, seek help.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Understanding Palin to be a political ***** who dumbs down every political debate she taints with her presence, who appeals to the lowest, basest common intellectual denominator in the country, who promotes partisanship and bloviating rhetoric to the mindless lemmings that think she's worth paying any serious attention to, doesn't make one a Leftist.

She's energizing RMNJ's alright. Outside of that, what is she good for?
Well to those on the left,nothing....the idea of an energised and involved RIGHT wing scares the crap out of them as they know their ideology is a failure.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well to those on the left,nothing....the idea of an energised and involved RIGHT wing scares the crap out of them as they know their ideology is a failure.
But she isn't.

She's appealing to the fake conservative authoritarian right wing loonies, and the angry ignorant.

The kind of Right she is energizing should scare every sane person, because her stuff appeals to unthinking idealogues, whose extreme ideology isn't just a failure, but a disastrous attitude about government and how to run a country.

I don't dislike her because she's (supposedly) conservative, I dislike her because she's stupid, has stupid ideas, and appeals to stupid people.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
But she isn't.

She's appealing to the fake conservative authoritarian right wing loonies, and the angry ignorant.

The kind of Right she is energizing should scare every sane person, because her stuff appeals to unthinking idealogues, whose extreme ideology isn't just a failure, but a disastrous attitude about government and how to run a country.

I don't dislike her because she's (supposedly) conservative, I dislike her because she's stupid, has stupid ideas, and appeals to stupid people.
Spin it any way you want...the fear is palpable in the left...LOL

I find it amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies