Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 01:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because leftists look at tragic events and how to use them for political gain???

In other words, you think Sarah Palin is the victim here?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It appears to me that the problem the leftists are having with Palin is,she got the right wing energised and involved more.

So basically this isn't about how she did it but that she did it at all.

Leftists only win when the people are apathetic and uninvolved.
If that is the case, where is Palin now? And why did she remove this from her SarahPAC website?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
If she hadn't removed it, the same people who are questioning why she did would be questoning why she left it up.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

As you read the following, remember: hate speech by progressives and/or Democrats is merely the exercising of their First Amendment rights. However, anything said by any person who does not fall into either of those groups may, by said groups, be taken out of context, misinterpreted, and spun to make their point that all Conservatives are: a) racist b) ignorant c) prone to incite violence in their followers.

The progressive

Interesting how there is no outcry by these same folks over the inflammatory rhetoric espoused by their own.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post

That's a great link. Too bad those on the left are too busy frothing at the mouth to take the time to read those comments. They are dispicable.
I read it through to the end. Feel free to call my response spin all you want, but here goes. . .

The comments and depictions represented there are despicable and have no place in our political discourse. People who resort to that kind of rhetoric are mentally twisted and should be ignored by any sane individual, I don't care which side of the aisle they come from.

BUT. . .

I didn't see or hear any of that kind of garbage coming from OUR CURRENT OR PREVIOUSLY ELECTED OFFICIALS OR THOSE RUNNING FOR OFFICE, like we've seen and heard alluded to from people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman and Sharron Angle as examples. When elected officials make incendiary remarks, it carries a completely different weight than blog posts and protest signs made up by the lunatic fringe. We're talking about what are supposed to be mainstream politicians who are elected to, or running for the opportunity to, represent all the people in their districts, regardless of party affiliation.

• And it's the Right who has an elected Representative hollering out "YOU LIE" at our President in the middle of a State of the Union Address, engendering hatred towards him.
  • It's the Right who has an elected Representative who called for Democrats in Congress to be investigated as un-American!
  • It's the Right who has elected Representatives putting rifle crosshairs on a map, aimed at specific people in Congress (spare me the FALSE "equivalence" of the use of targets -- that bird don't hunt).
  • It is the Right who have Representatives accusing our President of "palling around with terrorists"!
  • It's the Right who has Representatives accusing Democrats of wanting to kill people's grandmothers!
  • It's the Right who has people running for office, holding events at firing ranges and putting their Democratic opponent's initials on the silhouette he was firing at!
  • It's the Right who has people running for office who tell people to exercise their Second Amendment rights if they don't get their way at the polls.
  • It's the Right who has an elected Representative who told her constituents she wants them armed and dangerous over a political issue.
  • It's the Right who has elected Representatives quoting Thomas Jefferson as saying we need to have a freaking revolution every so many years.

These acts and statements are intentionally inciteful. They are meant to stir up not just anger, but hatred. And they're spoken by people of influence. People who are looked up to as representing The People. By that very nature, they should be held to a higher standard in their rhetoric than the average nutjob with some poster board and a pen or access to the internet.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Does anyone (is anyone old enough?) to remember that line when Christopher Walken gets shot in The Dead Zone and is grabbed by Martin Sheen and Walken says "you're finished."?

Tragedy marks turning point for Palin - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
She was already going down the toilet in regards to polling numbers within the GOP before this. Her heated rhetoric, accusatory tone, and cheap shots were all she had to begin with. The GOP will expect her to tone it down now too, which will leave a one trick pony empty handed.

14:59...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:18 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,460,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If that is the case, where is Palin now? And why did she remove this from her SarahPAC website?
Yes, if the "surveyor marks" were so innocent, why then did she take them down? Why not just leave them up?

The right's response is so indignant to this event, that alone is an admission of guilt.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
You know it's seems like the most wacked out ones are women (I am not being sexist here as I am one). Aside from Glenn Beck - Sarah, Bachmann, and Angle are in a category of their own. I wonder if it's a menopause thing.
Don't forget Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein and Maxine Waters.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,445,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I think that part of what happens is that some people project their own obsessin/facination with/interest in the former governor onto others. That's part of what's going on with those who are rushing to "blame" her for this. They believe that since they are hyper aware of her, everyone else must be as well.

Go out in real life though, away form the internet political talk, and you'd be surprised at how many people just weren't aware of the crosshairs deal or much else about her except that the once was McCain's VP running mate.
You are absolutely right! This is a good observation. +1

Old 01-11-2011, 01:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
OK. The woman who wrote it has admitted herself that she is NOT a Palin worshipper, and that what she wrote was an attempt at sarcasm that was in very questionable taste.

I'll take her word for it over yours, sorry. You won't even look at the links and see for yourself, so believe what you want.
No need to be snarky...I just don't believe everything I read on the Internet especially anything concerning the biggest nastiest liar since George Bush...Sarah Palin...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes, if the "surveyor marks" were so innocent, why then did she take them down? Why not just leave them up?

The right's response is so indignant to this event, that alone is an admission of guilt.
Why did the DailKos take down things too???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.