Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,551,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And you should hear what they said about you.....

Nothing.

BTW, what IS a socialpath???

A guy who burps at the table???
LMAO!

Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,533,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In my opinion, Palin, Beck, and Limbaugh are socialpaths!
Now there was a lot of talk when Clinton was in office that he was a sociopath, and I wouldn't be surprised if democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards qualifies.

Yes, let's review all the scandals with Clinton in Arkansas and all those women, the rape allegations. Monica Lewinsky and "if we both say it never happened it never happened, and "I never had sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky" and the always delightful, "it depends on what the meaning of the word is is." lol. Now THAT sounds like a sociopath.

And don't even get me started on the Edwards who lost his moral compass long ago, but no, Beck, Palin, and Rush they are successful overachieving upstanding citizens without the tawdry past of Clinton and Edwards but you want to call them sociopaths? Yeah, right! lol.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The first link is the shooter home-made video where he addresses the "gold standard/"

Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I don't think it was a political climate issue at all.

I think he was just crazy, and his motivations were particular to him in his own psychotic world. I dont think the killing is related in any way to ongoing issues in wider society.

It was just a sick kid who got fixated on her after they had met previously.
I don't necessarily believe that the shooter ever saw Palin's website with the crosshairs or read any political rhetoric about the victim; he'd evidently had contact with her as far back as '97, when he would have been 19.

It's more the fact that the reality has ended up aping the rhetoric. I know that taking a literal shoot-from-the-hip mentality and using crosshairs and things like that is a lot more fun than maintaining integrity and energizes her support base, but this is a situation where regardless of who did it or why, the express implication they made ended up really happening.

If it wasn't for the current climate in politics, which Sarah Palin has spearheaded and become the poster child (pinup?) for, then no one would be drawing a line between her and the incident.

A bullet slamming through someone's skull and a dead nine year old girl are a hell of alot uglier and less fun than an interactive flash map with crosshairs on a website. Not much of a knee-slapper when it really happens, is it?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Ms. Palin should, but I doubt she will, decide for herself what she wants her political future to be. I do not blame her, even with the idiotic crosshairs nonsense, for this incident. If we are to have anything but a very bleak future we neeed to keep violence out of our politics.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,890,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, that's why the movie The Dead Zone popped into my head today. If any of you saw it or have seen it, you'll know why.

I do believe she is finished politically, as was Martin Sheen in the movie.
Oddly enough, when she was first tapped for VP and I was reading Anchorage Daily News stories about Palin, I was reminded of the movie The Dead Zone. More and more arcticles covered her snarky behavior as mayor of Wasilla and I could see in the mainstream media the cult of personality that was being formed. Interesting that others think of the same movie in reference to Palin....

Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Wonder why after the shooting happened that Sarah Palin's name came across so many minds.

I don't believe that she had any thing to do with this shooting.

Where is she and why isn't she tweeting away?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,883,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Wonder why after the shooting happened that Sarah Palin's name came across so many minds.

I don't believe that she had any thing to do with this shooting.

Where is she and why isn't she tweeting away?
Because leftists look at tragic events and how to use them for political gain???

Old 01-10-2011, 11:43 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,417,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Not from me you haven't.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were one of the ppl making negative comments. I'm just fed up with this climate of hate and all the anti-gov't rhetoric. I don't think either side, Right or Left, needs to be fanning the flames. I've just noticed a great many of these negative rants, esp. about Obama, coming from those on the Right yet many of them are angry when someone on the Left speaks out.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,874,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because leftists look at tragic events and how to use them for political gain???

Nope. Read my posts, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies