Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The brain doesn't stop developing until into your 20's....mind altering substances(of almost any sort) could cause problems to surface.
Every individual is different. Hence personal responsibility, right?

Where is the evidence that cannabis causes brain damage?

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

P. J. O'Rourke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
I think what is being missed by y'all is this...

Pot is to blame as much as the gun,divisive political discourse,violent music lyrics and Sarah Palin....
Only if you just assume all of those factors have equal weight.

But that would be stupid.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
to answer the OP quickly, No. But there are many a schizy that are ticking time bombs, like the one that exploded in Tuscon.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:57 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Try reading the thread....I am not your mother,I don't hold your hand or spoonfeed you.
I did I read both of your links a******, your 600% figure is straight up not there.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:14 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
I think what is being missed by y'all is this...

Pot is to blame as much as the gun,divisive political discourse,violent music lyrics and Sarah Palin....
Guns in the hands of people with a history of mental illness like this guy should be stopped. For the last 7 years people have been flagging this guy as a problem, this could have been prevented.

But you're right, I don't blame responsible gun owners, pot heads, violent music or the political discourse for his actions. I do try and find sensible ways to try and prevent this kind of thing from happening, although thats really impossible.

The thing that 99.9% of all of the blame rests upon is the gunman himself, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The AZ man who went on a murderous shooting spree in Tucson, AZ was a marijuana user.

The link to cannibis and schizophrenia and/or schizophrenic like symptoms is well documented.

So, why are people rushing to blame "the gun" this murderer used instead of the marijuana that likely contributed to his psychotic mindset be it that specific day or as a user over a number of years?

Are Marijuana and Schizophrenia Linked?
Nice attempt at doctoring the article to what you want it to say.

You allege "The link to cannibis and schizophrenia and/or schizophrenic like symptoms is well documented" when the article clearly states "but a link exists between marijuana use in some people and schizophrenic-like symptoms.

Just what scientific method did you use to equate a"well documented link to schizophrenia" and a "link to schizophrenic symptoms in some people" ?

Those are two vastly different statements.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Only if you just assume all of those factors have equal weight.

But that would be stupid.
But it seems more weight is being given by political hacks to divisive speech and maps than to anything else....

If the guy is Schizophrenic,then his use of drugs should be looked into...correct?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:20 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
I'd consider anyone that alters their state of consiousness a ticking bomb.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:21 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I did I read both of your links a******, your 600% figure is straight up not there.
Yeah....actually it is...

Hang on,let me get my spoon....Post#77....

Marijuana, Cannabis and Schizophrenia - Schizophrenia.com

Need a bib?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The AZ man who went on a murderous shooting spree in Tucson, AZ was a marijuana user.

The link to cannibis and schizophrenia and/or schizophrenic like symptoms is well documented.

So, why are people rushing to blame "the gun" this murderer used instead of the marijuana that likely contributed to his psychotic mindset be it that specific day or as a user over a number of years?

Are Marijuana and Schizophrenia Linked?

it was not the 'guns' fault

and

it was not hemps fault

the fault lies in liberal policies of "we can keep you out in society' psycriatrics instead of institutionalizing the mentally ill

this guy was nuts, and should have been spotted by our society to put him away long ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies