Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,983,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
My point was to show that the idea that the shooter was a conservative/tea partier didn't gel with what we've found out; not that the shooter was then a leftist/Democrat.
Well the right has been calling him a leftist before they even knew who he was. They can't take blame for anything.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM

7,160 posts, read 4,715,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
But there's no evidence "the extreme right" had anything, anything to do with this.

There is evidence that the shooter was:

A 9/11 Truther.

He posted a video of the American flag being burned.

He is reported to be a fan of left-wing band anti-flag.

Now you tell me how these things fit in with the narrative that the killer is a conservative.
The only "evidence" I have seen is that the shooter exhibited signs and symptoms of schizophrenia (not to be confused with split personality).

As such, the shooter was unable to have organized thoughts, let alone an ideology. Someone posted on a thread (sorry there are too many to keep track) that Fox News referred to the shooter as a "liberal lunatic". If that is the case, it is the stupidest thing I have heard.

The shooter lives in his own universe, OK? And it isn't connected to ours. Check it out Schizophrenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Please read it.

So, for the nth time, the shooter is not a liberal or a conservative. The shooters thought processes are too disorganized.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:56 PM

11,573 posts, read 13,886,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post
Well the right has been calling him a leftist before they even knew who he was. They can't take blame for anything.
Do you even think before posting?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,469,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Swell View Post

Are you saying they should take blame? Why?

And, are you denying that the left, bloggers, and the median did not from the very first we heard of this event begin to link it with the "tea party" and Palin?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,962,247 times
Agreed, he was a nut case and shot her for no reason other than he thought she was a "fake".

Read his reasoning: Exclusive: Loughner Friend Explains Alleged Gunman's Grudge Against Giffords | Mother Jones

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,564,603 times
All of you who are blaming the left or the right are being childish, immature, and irresponsible. You're lowering the political discourse in this country even further. There's nothing admirable about what you're doing.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,983,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
1. The far left hates the government to.

2. He didn't argue to go on a gold standard, he wanted each person to create their own currency, made of dreams and grammer. That's just mental illness, not a right wing philosophy.

3. Not a right wing conspiracy.

4. He shot a conservative democrat, who didn't vote for Pelosi and wanted to put National Guard troops on the boarder.

The guy was just crazy. He was a leftest, but that's probably not relevant.
1. The far right has a monopoly on hating the government. This isn't the 60's in case you haven't noticed.

2. He said he won't pay debt unless it's backed by gold and silver. Sounds like a Glenn Beck viewer. Guys like Ron Paul have warned against paper money. Ron Paul: See I Told You, Paper Money Is Worthless

3. It sure is. Conservatives are always complaining that liberals are trying to censor them and our nation is way to PC.

4. A conservative Democrat to the far right is still a liberal. Why did she get her office vandalized during the health care debate? She was for health care reform by the way.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,368,376 times
Wow there are just more and more of these crazies coming out from the woodwork, tells me that there are more ignorant, sutpid, naive, crazy people in this world, and every day it seems we learn of a new one.

I don't think with a lot of these nutheads, there is a conspiracy theory, just that there are too many sick, twisted, tormented, nutcases around. And have a score to settle on their own.

19,226 posts, read 15,255,344 times
The shooter was as left-right schizo as the Congresswoman.

4,367 posts, read 3,469,660 times
Quote:
So, for the nth time, the shooter is not a liberal or a conservative. The shooters thought processes are too disorganized.
That was my point. He definitely comes across as a paranoid type. But I think its important to present things that go against the prevailing narrative among many, including, to their shame, the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies