Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Business does what it has to with whoever is in office. They don't have to like them and they don't have to support them, but they do have to deal with them.

It's part of the american dream........called capitalism.
Of course another way too look at it instead of blaming the evil corporations would be to hold elected representatives who grant "favors" accountable. Of course, someone would have to go to Capitol Hill to turn off the lights because no one would be left.

Holding elected officials accountable for creating chronism with corporations, hmmmmm, what a concept.

(Metaphorically speaking, of course. Don't want to be charged with pervieved threatening rhetoric by the speech police!)

Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
If it is OK to take a gun to a rally to protect & stop crazy peole like this guy in Tucson then we should be able to carry them on planes & protect ourselves from the boogeyman terrorists then, shouldn't we?
LOL, thanks for the smile. Heck, they confiscated my hair mousse!! En guard! I've got a can of hair mousse!!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Bull feathers. Folks with CCW licenses are carrying everwhere the law allows unbeknownst to those around them. They are not making a statement condoning violence. Get real.
Maybe they aren't making a statement condoning violence, but they are making a strong statement implying they will use firepower.

Those nimwits who were at a political rally with automatic or semi-automatic weapons strapped across their backs were most certainly making a statement.

Be honest. If you won't be honest on to the folks on C-D then at least be honest with yourself. Those men strutting around that political rally with the big weapons strapped across their backs were most certainly doing it to send a message. And guns worn in the fashion and of the type they wore most definitely represent violence.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Those men strutting around that political rally with the big weapons strapped across their backs were most certainly doing it to send a message. And guns worn in the fashion and of the type they wore most definitely represent violence.
Nah, I think some guys (and girls) are into guns because the like the image it presents. They feel tougher, sexier, etc.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Each of us have ideas about what is causing our social decay whether it is AM talk radio, Hollywood movies, RAP music, video games, guns, etc. The vitriol that the Pima County Sheriff speaks of so vehemently applies to his own political ideology. We can start down the road to banning things that upsets a few folks but I can guaranteed that "what goes around, comes around" and eventually the things you believe to be so benign will fall into the spotlight of banishment. As a conservative, I can also guaranteed you that if one of my frogs is ever "gigged", I will vow to gig one of yours.

This kid who did the shooting is simply a weak individual who gave no thought to his actions. Get over it or allow this twerp to do even more damage than he intended.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
That's not funny.

Your right, it's not funny & it was posted originally by bulldogdad,post #14. I answered it......

Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Nah, I think some guys (and girls) are into guns because the like the image it presents. They feel tougher, sexier, etc.
Then how do you explain those who CCW in a stealthy lifestyle and present no "image" to others? No, it is not a "macho" or a "sexy" thing for most. At least, no more than pride in a classic car or admiration of a sleek aircraft. At best one could compare the admirers of fine mechanical machines with the automobile efficiandos who jack up their cars to bounce down the street with huge stereo speakers shaking the ground.

Broad paintbrush used repeatedly; but, it fails every time. Dang, and we had such a nice "moment" earlier too. I'm crushed!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Here is a good read on how the Dems have used Bulls eyes and Gun Targets against the GOP!
Memo to Paul Krugman and Rep. Van Hollen: My Search Was Not in Vain (Updated)

Memo to Paul Krugman and Rep. Van Hollen: My Search Was Not in Vain (Updated) | Verum Serum

Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 PM

288 posts, read 349,952 times
Quote:
Maybe they aren't making a statement condoning violence, but they are making a strong statement implying they will use firepower.

Those nimwits who were at a political rally with automatic or semi-automatic weapons strapped across their backs were most certainly making a statement.

Be honest. If you won't be honest on to the folks on C-D then at least be honest with yourself. Those men strutting around that political rally with the big weapons strapped across their backs were most certainly doing it to send a message. And guns worn in the fashion and of the type they wore most definitely represent violence.

Well sure they were making a statement. They were were saying that while they were clinging to their guns and bibles, they may as well also exercise their right to dissent and reject healthcare reform being rammed up their *ss, while getting stomped by union thugs who were in attendance to silence them. At least that's what I heard them saying.

TB

Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:

You are asking me to be honest when you yourself are not? It was one man, not plural, IIRC. A 5.56x45 cal. rifle is not a "big weapon" and a shoulder sling for a long gun does not equate to: "strapped on to their backs". Slings are to long guns as holsers are to handguns. It is the safest way to carry one.

I am a lawful CCW holder. I carry where legally allowed. I've attended any number of public events (private ones to). I was not making a statement condoning violence at any public event or otherwise . I do not condone violence used against any public figure or innocent person, period.

What about the concept and practice of lawful carry is difficult for you to grasp exactly? Really, get over your hoplophobia. Deal with your irrational fears of law abiding citizens with firearms instead of creating monsters where none exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies