Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
The assumption that anyone who fundamentally disagrees with Obama's policies hates him.
Where did you get that? I never detailed Obama's policies, I was only asking where the hatred of him comes from. That hatred could be rooted in anything about the guy. I never even alluded to agreeing with Obama, yet it appears people still think I support the guy. I know, I know, black and white thinking is hard to avoid. Partisanship is a disease!

I outlined why living under Bush was so difficult and, for me, was decidedly more stressful than current times. Yet, without much real change in society, the hatred or dislike (whatever one wants to call it) for Obama is fairly prevalent out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I certainly don't hate President Obama. I am, however, disappointed in him at this point in time. Why?

1. He started out by appointing the same people and same type of people to positions of financial policy that got us into the mess from which we needed to escape.

2. He did not fight for the public option in health care but, instead, had meetings with the insurance companies and pharmacy companies that have been robbing us blind and asked them for their demands before he even began.

3. Instead of using stimulous money to create jobs through repairing our roads, bridges, and school buildings he wasted time and money by spreading it in ways that really helped no one.

4. He refused to hold those responsible for war crimes to account, thereby making a mockery of our image throughout the world.

5. He didn't fight against DADT and left it to die on the vine until the last moment when others finally found the courage to bring it to an end.

6. He did nothing for immigration reform....even as the rhetoric and bigotry heated to a boiling point.

7. He backed down on the tax breaks for billionaires.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I don't think it's accurate to say nothing's changed, which gets to the core of your argument that Bush and Obama were similar so why hate one and not the other. Obama's actually done quite a lot for out country, though many conservatives will disagree because it might not align with their ideology. I won't list them all, but a few highlights:

- As promised in his campaign, he's ramped up the war on terror and ended the war in Iraq
- He's been widely credited by nonpartisan experts as having pulled us back from the brink of depression, stablized us, and now the economy is in an undeniable recover.
- He's liberated soldiers from institutionalized bigotry by repealling DADT
- Kept millions employed until the markets could recover and take over job creation - just think of all those ARRA signs on construction projects and everywhere else.
- He's passed landmark legislation to take a step toward being a civilized country that provides healthcare to all.
- He's provided tax cuts to 98% of Americans

I, for one, am relieved to have mature leadership guiding us forward after almost a decade of chaos and shortsightedness. I never hated Bush, though. He was just in over his head.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Here you go....

I dislike obama in just about every aspect of what he stands for.

I distrust him due to his lifelong acquaintances.

I do not respect him due to his being a racist.

His policies are hurting the American people. Giving false hope is the worst thing that someone in a position of authority can do to people.

There was no side argument intended, just voicing my opinion.

I disagree with the OP on every point. Why argue?
Great post.

That works for me!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
well if you are a politician there is always people that hate you,, flipside of the coin, some will love you..

politicians that are intensely hated.

bush
nancy pelosi

obama

sarah palin.....................let me know if i got the order wrong

Old 01-10-2011, 07:34 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I do not hate Obama, I have never talked to him.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't ahte Obama :i just thionk he has doen a terrible job . bth he and bush have spent this country into a terrible positio for the future. I Obama's case;he has triped it in just two years.I g by results and his is the worse in my lietime.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
And i would reply with your President Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck etc etc etc hatred explained.
The left and the left wing media are poster children for hate. No one does it better.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM

565 posts, read 485,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't ahte Obama :i just thionk he has doen a terrible job . bth he and bush have spent this country into a terrible positio for the future. I Obama's case;he has triped it in just two years.I g by results and his is the worse in my lietime.
This is why I don't do text messaging from my phone.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Here you go....

I dislike obama in just about every aspect of what he stands for.

I distrust him due to his lifelong acquaintances.

I do not respect him due to his being a racist.

His policies are hurting the American people. Giving false hope is the worst thing that someone in a position of authority can do to people.

There was no side argument intended, just voicing my opinion.

I disagree with the OP on every point. Why argue?
This explains it well enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies