Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:12 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There seems to be a huge backlash against the toilets by gay-rights activists, who are comparing the separation of gays from non-gays being akin to the separation of whites and blacks into separate bathrooms.

Gay Only Toilets Brazil Protests Ignite At Samba Schools (http://www.newsoxy.com/gay-only-toilets-brazil-16616.html?rss=66 - broken link)

I can't lie, I don't really like standing in a urinal next to a straight guy, let alone standing next to a gay guy looking over at my junk. Am I just being paranoid?
Yes, every single homosexual you have ever been in contact with wants to have sex with you, esp. after watching you pee in a public restroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
speaking as a gay male, society has no idea what really goes on in this world in regards to sexuality. If I had a nickle for everytime a "straight" guy has made a pass at me in a bar, at work, at school, in bathroom, or online.. I'd be very wealthy...I'm not bragging it's just true...I've come to the conclusion that the majority of humans are bisexual to some degree.. and that sexuality is not black and white it's very gray
Sometimes what you see in the world is not how it really is...its actually quite shocking.. sometimes when I think I've seen it all... I'm reminded that I haven't.. and I'm not talking illegal things.. I'm just talking in regards to our social constructs vs. the reality that's out there...
I'm bi. So I've been in situations where straight guys have asked me to join them with their partners. I'm sorry, but there is nothing "straight" about giving fellatio to another man...no not even if it is in front of your fiancée.

Sexual orientation should not dictate this much policy. My coworkers know my orientation, but it's not as if when I'm hanging out it's a salient point. To me, it's like my hair color or eye; it simply is what it is.

I would like to progress as a society where your actions dictate more of the consequences or rewards that you bear rather than the random order of genes that you inherited.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Disturbed? No. That's a word that is usually applied to someone who is mentally ill. Having a secret attraction to the same sex does not qualify as a mental illness.
I think pretending to be straight, being married, having children but hanging in restrooms for homosexual sex is a little disturbed. JMO

Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think pretending to be straight, being married, having children but hanging in restrooms for homosexual sex is a little disturbed. JMO
Neither of us mentioned being married or having children.

Whatever the situation may be, I still would never call a guy "disturbed" for being in the closet. Conflicted? Almost certainly, but disturbed? No.

Ask a psychologist about your use of the word "disturbed". I'm sure he or she will agree with me.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,726 times
Weird news story. I'm so not worried about the next guys' junk while we're using the bathroom. I'm gay and there's no need for a separate bathroom lol! I just wanna pee, wash up and go.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Neither of us mentioned being married or having children.

Whatever the situation may be, I still would never call a guy "disturbed" for being in the closet. Conflicted? Almost certainly, but disturbed? No.

Ask a psychologist about your use of the word "disturbed". I'm sure he or she will agree with me.
I don't know any psychologist but In my opinion anyone cruising public restrooms to have sex in is very disturbed. thats just my opinion i'm not trying to force it on you, your free to think it's okay.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
I'm bi. So I've been in situations where straight guys have asked me to join them with their partners. I'm sorry, but there is nothing "straight" about giving fellatio to another man...no not even if it is in front of your fiancée.

Sexual orientation should not dictate this much policy. My coworkers know my orientation, but it's not as if when I'm hanging out it's a salient point. To me, it's like my hair color or eye; it simply is what it is.

I would like to progress as a society where your actions dictate more of the consequences or rewards that you bear rather than the random order of genes that you inherited.
i can totally relate...

I am not single, I have a partner that I have been with for 6 years now.. and sometimes its hard to not get bitter.
It's funny how "straight" married men don't consider it cheating if it's with another man..
I have a guy I work with that has propositioned me in the past who is married, and it causes drama with my partner, while he trusts me, he doesn't trust him... We've had to go on trips for work together out of town, and it's just awkward. What really pisses me off is that he assumes my relationship is cheap because it's with another man..almost like "isn't this what you gays do anyway?" I've told him that he may not value his marriage to his wife enough to not cheat on her, but I value my relationship with another man more than that. He says he's never been with a man, and is just curious. He's the one that gets to get married, and we aren't. He is not gay.. I know this, he's bisexual at the least, but whatever the case it's very annoying and disheartening. One side of me wants to tell his wife what a piece of **** he is.. but she's religious and I'm just a terrible immoral gay person to her. She wouldn't believe me anyway...it's just dumb

don't get me started on the creepy married couples looking to "spice things up"..

Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
i can totally relate...

I am not single, I have a partner that I have been with for 6 years now.. and sometimes its hard to not get bitter.
It's funny how "straight" married men don't consider it cheating if it's with another man..
I have a guy I work with that has propositioned me in the past who is married, and it causes drama with my partner, while he trusts me, he doesn't trust him... We've had to go on trips for work together out of town, and it's just awkward. What really pisses me off is that he assumes my relationship is cheap because it's with another man..almost like "isn't this what you gays do anyway?" I've told him that he may not value his marriage to his wife enough to not cheat on her, but I value my relationship with another man more than that. He says he's never been with a man, and is just curious. He's the one that gets to get married, and we aren't. He is not gay.. I know this, he's bisexual at the least, but whatever the case it's very annoying and disheartening. One side of me wants to tell his wife what a piece of **** he is.. but she's religious and I'm just a terrible immoral gay person to her. She wouldn't believe me anyway...it's just dumb

don't get me started on the creepy married couples looking to "spice things up"..
Homosexual relationships can carry the same weight as heterosexual relationships. Heterosexual relationships can sometimes carry no weight. It's astounding to me when people attribute more to sexuality than there really is.

I'm younger and originally from the banal suburbs of SoCal. I'm fairly masculine in (not that this even matters, but just for context). Not too shabby looking (sports since I've starting walking pretty much). With all that, I've gotten the "spice things up crowd".

I believe in the sanctity of marriage, gay or straight. I'm personally old fashioned about this, you don't cheat on your spouse. With that said, if you feel that you can have a marriage where you can be promiscuous and both parties agree to it (in a healthy, consenting manner)...go for it. It's just not for me.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Why is what people do in another country any of your business?

I guess you're trying to divert us from what's happening in the US.
Let's clean up our own messes before we judge others, shall we.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies