Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:54 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Well growing up I was taught a philosophy that we should turn the other cheek when attacked and not try to hurt other people. I was taught that we should help those less fortunate than ourselves. This may all seem strange to you but if you actually tried being compassionate to others you would see it will make you a happier person.
By supporting these rather far-fetched claims from this author, you are not turning the cheek. You are labeling a large swath of the American population as bigots and racists.

Christians are one of the largest charitable groups in this country; in other words, they help those that are less fortunate than themselves. I have no compassion for murderers, child rapists, and repeat criminals. I am a moral and upstanding citizen. To boil this down to compassion and a desire to see everyone get along without any disagreement is an infantile view of the world.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
It's sad because I know people I work with who support the Tea Party. I thought I knew these people and now after talking to them I find out that they are indeed racists. They fully admit they don't like a black president and they have told me that they are willing to do whatever it takes to take down leftists in America ! I said I am a leftist and they said you'd better watch your back then ! I told my manager what was said and of course they denied this. I realize that many of you on here are of their same ilk. It is very disappointing. I hoped that Americans would have evolved more throughout the years. Hatred breeds hatred...diversity is what makes America so great, it's a shame you can't realize that.
We should all have compassion for each other.That is the only way to make this world a better place.

So now we've gone from the unsupported opinions of one Rmuse to those of Kerby W-R, yet still no substance.

You seem like a nice enough person Kerby W-R, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Everyone, to include the leftist who make these unsubstantiated blanket accusations, knows there are precious few true racist in the Tea Party movement. We have already debunked the racist/sexist smear campaign of the left by supporting large numbers of minority and female candidates. All you do by continuing to sling the mud of racism when the facts belie the charge is prove yourself a fraud.

This pie is all peas.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:18 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Well growing up I was taught a philosophy that we should turn the other cheek when attacked and not try to hurt other people. I was taught that we should help those less fortunate than ourselves. This may all seem strange to you but if you actually tried being compassionate to others you would see it will make you a happier person.

Were you also taught to not slander others and to make amends for your own unprovoked attacks?

You could start right now by apologizing to the good and decent people who participate in the Tea Party movement for linking to a hate site which refers to them as "teabaggers".

Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
There are women in the KKK. The KKK is documented as being a hate group by the U.S. government. It took them a while to gather all of the evidence but they did. The same will ring true with the Tea Party.

I posted this link because it deals with a real problem in our country
which is hatred towards our fellow human beings. Some ask why should I help someone else ? The answer is if you want to really be happy in this
life that is exactly what you should do. Try it and see. There are too many people these days who only think of themselves and don't want to give away their money or time to help someone else. You can't take it with you to the grave. So why
not help other people or animals or the environment ? I read where some fundamentalists were against environmentalists? That is crazy. You wouldn't want your house to be in squalor so why would you want your city,country, or planet to be ?

Last edited by Kerby W-R; 01-11-2011 at 01:34 AM..

Old 01-11-2011, 01:33 AM

401 posts, read 473,727 times
I have a funny feeling you will be making a nonsensical YouTube video soon. Send me a link. You have some real issues.

BTW, what part of California are you from?

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Do you believe everything you read? What a load of crap! Perhaps you would like to attend a rally with me and my other hispanic friends??? Just bring your own hood...

Or come to a tea party in our small town square. One of the best speakers we had last summer, a professor at a local college, made the best speech and got the biggest round of applause at the whole event. He was African American - oh, wait, he doesn't count. And those World War II and Korean War vets and that retired Chaplain- what upstarts! You should have seen the riot they led us in! Oh wait - that was a prayer. Then that sieg heil - no, that was when we put our hands on our hearts and saluted the flag.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
There are women in the KKK. The KKK is documented as being a hate group by the U.S. government. It took them a while to gather all of the evidence but they did. The same will ring true with the Tea Party.

I posted this link because it deals with a real problem in our country
which is hatred towards our fellow human beings. Some ask why should I help someone else ? The answer is if you want to really be happy in this
life that is exactly what you should do. Try it and see. There are too many people these days who only think of themselves and don't want to give away their money or time to help someone else. You can't take it with you to the grave. So why
not help other people or animals or the environment ? I read where some fundamentalists were against environmentalists? That is crazy. You wouldn't want your house to be in squalor so why would you want your city,country, or planet to be ?

I think he means those little old ladies of the Christian Coalition who sold cookies and cupcakes and passed out copies of the Constitution at last summer's tea party...If they had hoods, they left them at home.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Many are being hood-winked [no pun intended]. The KKK claims to be a group for White Christian Americans. They no longer claim to be anti-black but pro-white and anti-immigration. They wear suits now and are trying to raise money to back candidates who support their causes [see Tea Party]. They say they have realized that their violent past was ineffective so now they are trying to do it through the courts and through public office...so they say.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Many are being hood-winked [no pun intended]. The KKK claims to be a group for White Christian Americans. They no longer claim to be anti-black but pro-white and anti-immigration. They wear suits now and are trying to raise money to back candidates who support their causes [see Tea Party]. They say they have realized that their violent past was ineffective so now they are trying to do it through the courts and through public office...so they say.
Yeah, those Christian Coalition ladies did leave their hoods at home. It was clear and sunny, so they didn't need their rain bonnets...

And they DID raise a ton of money, selling those cookies and cupcakes.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
It's sad because I know people I work with who support the Tea Party. I thought I knew these people and now after talking to them I find out that they are indeed racists. They fully admit they don't like a black president and they have told me that they are willing to do whatever it takes to take down leftists in America ! I said I am a leftist and they said you'd better watch your back then ! I told my manager what was said and of course they denied this. I realize that many of you on here are of their same ilk. It is very disappointing. I hoped that Americans would have evolved more throughout the years. Hatred breeds hatred...diversity is what makes America so great, it's a shame you can't realize that.
We should all have compassion for each other.That is the only way to make this world a better place.
You knew people well but until YOU associated them with the Tea Party you said you had no idea they were racists. If it is true, which it isn't, what does that say about your powers of observation?
Never noticed any racism until the campaign? Wow those racists really know how to hide things. lmao thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies