Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times

Advertisements

A bit ironic and hypocritical of all these lefties being so quick to blame Palin and Conservatives and assume this psycho murdered because of politics and "rhetoric". Many of those who are blaming others have plenty of hateful rhetoric of their own. And most or all of them never tried to blame the left fort the acts of environmentalists or others who have committed violent or destructive crimes.
And none of them said peep when Obama made his knife/gun comment in 2008. None of them said peep when SEIU punks beat up a man last year.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,019,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The left has been calling for this for quite a while. Even Rep Giffords has done that, she is a Dem, but certainly not far left. There have been a few Repubs politicians calling for it as well. However, the right media, has not. The left media, has only just begun. The reason the the media resists doing it, is money. There is profit in inflaming, and we know who the Kings of that are, but they are not the only ones profiting..
Money and power are always factors - of course. In this particular case, the left media immediately, and without evidence, absolutely slammed the right. In a way, I cannot blame the right media for showing this hypocrisy. Mayhap that doesn't make me perfect, but I have never claimed to be so.

It will calm down soon enough, but to say that the political discussions are so much worse now than any other time in history is simply not true. Politics has always been a hot topic that invites vigirous and sometimes passionate debate. It will continue to do so but I do not think, even for a moment, that the political debates caused this tragedy.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
But you still have the right to do so and should not infringe upon those that chose to carry. Freedom isn't the easiest thing, after all.

Please show me where I said otherwise.
I was commenting on the moronic comment that we should all be armed.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please show me where I said otherwise.
I was commenting on the moronic comment that we should all be armed.

Was not insinuating that you did say this but rather if you did chose to be armed, you had the right to do so. Not an attack, just a comment on how I personally think it's a great thing we have the freedom in this country to make that decision or not.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Money and power are always factors - of course. In this particular case, the left media immediately, and without evidence, absolutely slammed the right. In a way, I cannot blame the right media for showing this hypocrisy. Mayhap that doesn't make me perfect, but I have never claimed to be so.

It will calm down soon enough, but to say that the political discussions are so much worse now than any other time in history is simply not true. Politics has always been a hot topic that invites vigirous and sometimes passionate debate. It will continue to do so but I do not think, even for a moment, that the political debates caused this tragedy.
You miss what the left is doing. They are, for the most part, stating the obvious. Even Beck agrees, the violent rhetoric has to stop. Certainly there are some on the left, politicizing the this. The left jumped on it immediately because they recognize, let restate, they are willing to recognize there is danger in it, and they themselves have some culpability. Thus far, t6he right media pundits are still resisting doing that.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,120 times
The failure of anyone in the right-wing media to accept the call to tone it down shows an astonishing lack of maturity----it exposes these bottom feeders as no more than gutter-snipes with microphones. Their defensiveness is downright creepy.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
The failure of anyone in the right-wing media to accept the call to tone it down shows an astonishing lack of maturity----it exposes these bottom feeders as no more than gutter-snipes with microphones. Their defensiveness is downright creepy.
And the attempts of the left-wing media to try and put the blame on anyone

right of center is morally repugnant and shows they are engaging in the

very hateful rhetoric that they claim to find reprehensible.
Talk about creepy. And hypocritical.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You miss what the left is doing. They are, for the most part, stating the obvious. Even Beck agrees, the violent rhetoric has to stop. Certainly there are some on the left, politicizing the this. The left jumped on it immediately because they recognize, let restate, they are willing to recognize there is danger in it, and they themselves have some culpability. Thus far, t6he right media pundits are still resisting doing that.
I've never been a fan of violent rhetoric. Personally, I think Sharon Angle's comments on 2nd amendment solutions were horrible, always did. I guess I haven't been watching the right shows to see the right media pundits resisting this. I personally thought, when listening, that they agreed but felt some of the rhetoric that is being tagged as "violent" by the left is not actually violent.

The infamous Palin map, for example, actually used quite common political language, when saying that districts were targeted. It has been used by many candidates, left and right, for a number of years. Is it unfortunate that one of those districts was indeed Rep Giffords? Yes, absolutely. All of the gun metaphors used by Palin are a bit overdone and I think that was her "schtick". I saw other candidates using this same bit as well but I do believe she was the most public to use the gun metaphors.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
And the attempts of the left-wing media to try and put the blame on anyone

right of center is morally repugnant and shows they are engaging in the

very hateful rhetoric that they claim to find reprehensible.
Talk about creepy. And hypocritical.
I rest my case.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
You do realize that you have used "bottom feeders", "gutter-snipes", and "creepy" in one sentence to make the point of how we should tone down the rhetoric?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies