Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'd highly suggest you go to your son's house, Scarborough is what being a real republican is all about.
You tell me the hour to be there and I will try to do it. Well, if he isn't on too early in the morning.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
exactly. Beck is a lying piece of junk
Why is it that so many of you devotees of Media Matters, ThinkProgress, or HuffPo keep saying all those things about liars but never come up with any proof of that statement? I never find Beck lying and am sure that if you watched him today or tomorrow you would say he is a liar but with no proof of your statement.

I would tell you where to catch his show on the internet but I get in trouble all the time for doing that so I won't do it. Just watch him either day and pick out all the lies and let me know about them.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You tell me the hour to be there and I will try to do it. Well, if he isn't on too early in the morning.
Morning Joe, 5-8am CST monday though friday

Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The Republican Party has lost themselves along the way. Too many sellouts who do not consistently represent Republican values.
In my opinion only the Dembums also have let us down along this way big time, take a look where we are right now, not a bang up economy is it now. And still the worse housing situation is going on, more foreclosures and short sales, are screwin- it up big time for regular listings. They too have most definitly sold us out.

Illegal prolbems, need i say more, both parties should be ashame of themselves.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you seen him lately, Mom? Somehow I don't think you have but thought I would ask, just to know.
Yes, which is why I said what I said.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I am scared too but do we shoot the messenger? If she watched Beck instead of hearing about him through her son, she may agree with Beck.
Joe Scarborough's mother is as conservative as you can get - she's much more in line with the tea party folks than her son is. He talks about it all the time. So, if Glenn Beck is scaring her, that's saying something.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Don't like Beck, don't tune in. Btw, he says in just about every show not to believe what he says as fact. He tells the audience to look it up for themselves. That is to fact check him and if you find him wrong, then so be it. Write in and tell him he is wrong, or just tune out since he is unreliable. His audience has in fact grown over the years....

The main problem I see is that there are people now in the US that are calling for a ban on Fox News, Beck, O'Reilly, and Conservative radio talk show hosts. They want to shut down the whole kit and kaboodle while they pour my tax money into PBS against my will. Let the PBS pay for itself like any other station and keep your slimey anti First Amendment hands off my radio and TV.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Then, my response is to tell his Mommy to turn off the T.V. That is how we do things in this country. We have free speech. That is what I must do to all the T.V. programs filled with Violence and Sex and Degrading Humor that I don't want my children to watch.

He also might want to double check to see if, in fact, it is really Beck his mother is watching or perhaps she needs her hearing aide tuned, because some of his claims; i.e., that Beck is a news show, that Beck says Obama is a racist who hates all whites are just not true. In fact, Beck vehemently rejects the idea that Obama is a racist and frequently reminds viewers that his show is not a news show. He preaches peace, personal responsibility and fact checking.

Not every t.v. show, movie, book, or food is for everyone. That's why we have "menus."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hes-frightening-my-mom-msnbc-s-glenn-beck-attackathon/

He
All is fair in love and war...Joe Scarborough scares methat is why I never watch HIM.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
All is fair in love and war...Joe Scarborough scares methat is why I never watch HIM.
He scares me too. Along with his krazy ko-hort Keith.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:37 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Joe is an idiot and a baby and has gone off the deep end on MSNBC. Morning Joe. He left the republican party and now can't say enough bad. Joe, grow up. And if mamma is scared of Glen Beck then maybe she should turn back to your show and watch MSNBC. Goodness knows you could use the viewers. lol!!!
No--he DID NOT leave the R party--he just didn't drink the Kool-Aide and bow to the tea party. If more people like Joe were still in leadership in the R party-common sense, tells it like it really is vs. constantly trying to spin everything even when they know they're wrong--I'd still be voting Republican. Like I said, if he runs, he has my vote. Heck, I'd volunteer full time at his local campaign office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies