Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gave a better speech today?
Obama 84 68.29%
Palin 25 20.33%
I didn't like either 14 11.38%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:45 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,876,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Those shirts were paid for by the college. If you don't think their decision was appropriate take it up with them. You act like Obama had a direct hand in planning this event right down to scripting the crowd to clap and cheer from the first speaker to the last. And if the event had a peppy rally feel to you, then maybe that's exactly what the planners thought the town needed to heal, to bring them together as per the message on the shirts---together we thrive. What you are doing here in this thread dishonors the victims far more than anything that was done at the memorial could ever do.

Now don't get hysterical. It affects one's ability to reason.

Handing out BLUE tee shirts with a political slogan is obviously disrespectful. Speaking out on an internet forum in DEFENSE OF victims' dignity is not disrespectful.

Get it right.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,981,288 times
Quote:
Those shirts were paid for by the college. If you don't think their decision was appropriate take it up with them. You act like Obama had a direct hand in planning this event right down to scripting the crowd to clap and cheer from the first speaker to the last. And if the event had a peppy rally feel to you, then maybe that's exactly what the planners thought the town needed to heal, to bring them together as per the message on the shirts---together we thrive. What you are doing here in this thread dishonors the victims far more than anything that was done at the memorial could ever do.
I'm guessing the pep rally atmosphere had more to do with the large number of college kids in the audience. Perhaps a church would have been a better venue.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,820,836 times
Default Why were T-Shirts handed out at a memorial service?

Why were t-shirts with a political slogan handed out at a "supposed" memoral service? This is in horribly poor taste and does nothing to honor the victims.

Seems Obama just turned the memorial into another run of the mill political rally. How sad.

Politicizing a memorial, President Obama’s “Together We Thrive” speech with t-shirts » Breaking News | Wire Update News | News Wires -

Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,981,288 times
On another note, there was some chanting that went on after Obama spoke. Did anyone catch what that was?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM

77,023 posts, read 47,392,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Now don't get hysterical. It affects one's ability to reason.

Handing out BLUE tee shirts with a political slogan is obviously disrespectful. Speaking out on an internet forum in DEFENSE OF victims' dignity is not disrespectful.

Get it right.
The shirts were not political, and it was the university who handed them out.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,627,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Michelle Malkin on FOX this morning, said Brewer was booed. Did I miss that last night?
I watched the entire memorial - I heard no booing. Gov. Brewer was received very warmly by the crowd.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM

898 posts, read 825,826 times
It's what communist community organizers and their handlers do. Amazing that almost half the country still falls for this crap as we slide further into the abyss under this clown's administration and yet half of the C-D crowd is still cheering as they leap off the cliff.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
What you are doing here in this thread dishonors the victims far more than anything that was done at the memorial could ever do.
Oh please. Turning what should be a somber event memorializing the victims of a mass murder into a pep rally does more than dishonor the victims. Try not to make it personal.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,075,656 times
Quote:
Couldn't disagree with you more. Absolutely agree with the statements that this was soooooo inappropriate for the occasion.

And...you don't believe Obama made sure this was scripted???? I certainly believe he (and his so-called team) had a big hand in it. I was so disgusted by the time he finally shut up, I lost my appetite since dinner was ready right after it was over. Oh, how come McCain and the other "Republican" Senators didn't speak???? Were they invited to do so???

I also blame the media. This boils down to a drugged out idiot who went nuttier than usual and killed people. End of story. Updates periodically on the welfare of those that were shot are fine, but this 24-hour a day crap is totally uncalled for. THAT just might tempt some other drugged out nut case to play copy cat.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Keep calling the congresswoman's husband a liar. As usual, very classy.
No one is calling him a liar. Why would you think so? I have yet to hear the husband's version, just obama's story, which flies in the face of previous NEWS reports citing the doctors. What about that don't you get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies